• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 uhaul - led license holder- delivery,pics

dskupi01

Delivery pics. Paid to get from pa to mi. The pics on the 18wheel flatbed show how delivered to me.

Uhaul. It is possible. Unbolt one fender (use 4x4 to get over bolt tabs with stressing tires), then fold down the other side fender. One side fender on the trailer is normally foldable, and the other fixed. Remove the fixed side, and it will fit. I am sure over the weight limit by a fair amount, but they must pad a bit. Had to white lie a bit on the hauled vehicle when I reserved the trailer. Felt bad, but all went well. Wheels didn't fall off trailer.

Passed emission test in state with Nashvi.... with no problem. Scored 0 of ten % allowable on opacity test.

Also attached some Pics where I drove through nice river, went shooting & then went fishing. Zoom in, and you can see my plate mounting. Grote 24V ready LED bolted into to two drilled out rivets. Fit perfectly in the two rivet holes. Not ideal, as it sits open behind the tire,but it works. I couldn't come up with a better quick option. If you off-road hard, plate would bend.

Electrics for plate light: Attached to split/spliced side marker light wire (didn't cut into main harness). Easily reversible (replace cheap marker light bulb with wire ) if you want to go back to as original or if there's oxidation at the splice. Grounded to bolt nearby. See pics for what i used.

Video from Detroit, velodrome driving in abandoned Detroit park.

Next on my agenda, battery shutoff and coolant flush.

i'd love advice on how to put pics in order & in the post.

View attachment IMG_3374.MOVssIMG_3477.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpgIMG_3471.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpgIMG_3476.jpgIMG_3479.jpgView attachment IMG_3374.MOVIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3477.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpgIMG_3471.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpgIMG_3476.jpgIMG_3479.jpg

Send questions if you have them. In mi. In Detroit.
FullSizeRender.jpgView attachment IMG_3374.MOVIMG_3476.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpgIMG_3172.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

nattieleather

If you driving through water you want to make sure you do all the PM on the truck to change the oils in the diffs and lube any joints that you can. This will keep the water from doing nasty things to your truck. Nice truck enjoy your ride.

Wire Fox

Great stuff. Thanks for showing your license plate setup...I think this is my favorite setup so far. Also, I've got a river area just like that down near my old home town in Indiana (Lawrenceburg). I was thinking to myself "this would be a great place to drive my HMMWV!" while I successfully SOMEHOW got my 2WD, scrapes-the-ground Dodge Dart through it...so either I'm just crazy or it wasn't that hard.

riderdan

Nice truck.

If you want to move the images "inline" with your text, you can always edit the post and then select a picture, ctl+x (cut), move the cursor where you want the image and ctl+v (paste). I definitely go back and move stuff around to organize a post rather than getting it right the first time.

Again, cool ride and thanks for the pictures. IMO pictures are a big part of what make good posts here on SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks