• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 Warn 12k Winch mounts and frame bracket questions

AOR

I am getting ready to locate and purchase a Warn 12000 lbs electric winch setup for my M998. I have found NOS factory bumper and frame brackets as well as reproductions
I prefer OEM NOS vs reproductions. I am hoping that someone can google search these part numbers and let me know if they look correct for the 12k setup
One thing I noticed on the NOS bumper/winch mount is that it looks like it has a built in hawse fairlead vs using the roller fairlead on the reproduction mount. I would prefer to run the mount with the hawse fairlead if possible I think it looks cleaner
is the setup with the hawse looking fairlead designed to run without a roller fairlead? It does appear that the 12342395 Fairlead opening offset further to the passenger side

here are the three part numbers

12342388 Frame Extension Front Bumper, R.H
Frame Extension Front Bumper, L.H Bumper,
12342395 Bumper,
Front, for trucks with Winch

TacticalTruck

I just installed a Rubberduck brand and civilian M12000 on a customers truck. Good product though we did have to tweak some stuff to make the civilian winch work.
rubberduck.jpg

Phoenix77

What combination of parts did you use to mount your winch? Did the three (3) parts numbers you listed above work?

I am looking at installing a winch on my M998.

Thanks.

cruzinz28

My truck was almost completely disassembled this weekend. I still need to remove the 12k winch, hood tool rack, and rear deck extension, LED Lights, Seats, and COMS Equipment. Here are pictures of the factory factory extensions, front plate and roller fairlead. I am not 100% sure I am going to sell this winch setup or retain it.

Attachments

Phoenix77

Thank you; those pics are helpful. Could you take a pic of the underside of the winch / mount? I'm trying to piece it together in my mind and there are very few pics on the internet that really detail how it is affixed.

cruzinz28

Typical Jeep and truck mounts mount the winch to a bottom plate. On the HMMWV setup there is no bottom plate. The mounting holes on the winch are rotated 90 degrees and it bolt to the vertical from plate. Two of the four mounting bolts also mount the fairlead on the front of the vertical plate if my memory serves me right here at my desk at work. If i'm not mistaken there is also a skid plate that can be mounted to protect the winch from below. I will try and take some more pictures this evening and I can also take pictures during removal.

Crapgame

Here's my original 1995-mfg M1025A2 GMV showing the frame front without the electric Warn Series 9 winch, frame extensions or winch/bumper plate, you can see the squarish tube bottom angled brackets.

NATO Camo 1987 A0 Truck shows the frame extensions installed but with a civilian skid/winch plate and winch.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks