• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 with no EUC necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maciej102

There is a m998 very close to me . Description states it does not require a EUC and comes with a title? Is this some sort of fluke? IL is a pretty difficult state to get titles in, lived here and had enough headaches to know.

Most of the searches I have come up with deal with clearing EUC and off road only tyle titles. Nothing about buying one already with a title.

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It seems to be a privately owned one that they are the middle man, no telling what the reserve is. The weird thing is on just about every other HMMWV they sell shows the Vin plate and list the complete vin, not this one.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very careful grasshopper... Check w/ your insurance company, the word is out regarding these recent released HMMWVs.
You may not be able to insure it for "on road use". Look at all the paperwork before you purchase it.

springbok

Not going to talk titles here as to get the thread locked.
That said, they are sold for "Off Road Use Only" so no matter what the current status it is still Off Road Use Only.
As more of these come out and the publicity grows things like this are going to open the eyes of people watching.
I feel that it is very irresponsible for GP to sell a HUMVEE that does not state off road only as if the status is different it was not done "Legally"

Just GP trying to make a buck and not being a responsible company.
Case scenario, I buy this with the assumption that there are no restrictions and I hurt myself or worse driving it as not intended, GP is in for a major law suit...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not going to talk titles here as to get the thread locked.
That said, they are sold for "Off Road Use Only" so no matter what the current status it is still Off Road Use Only.
As more of these come out and the publicity grows things like this are going to open the eyes of people watching.
I feel that it is very irresponsible for GP to sell a HUMVEE that does not state off road only as if the status is different it was not done "Legally"

Just GP trying to make a buck and not being a responsible company.
Case scenario, I buy this with the assumption that there are no restrictions and I hurt myself or worse driving it as not intended, GP is in for a major law suit...
GP clearly states "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" on the their website, additionally, the title/documentation issued by GP states the same restriction. Owner/operator of the vehicle will be responsible for the legal operation of the vehicle. Owner/operator will have to deal with the major law suit.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me throw this out there...I have bought several rolling chassis's in the last several month from various sources.
NONE of them me with anything more then a bill of sale from the seller....they are Gp trucks, I only know this from a decal. If I'm just Joe public....I have NO idea there are any form of restrictions on these trucks, unless the seller informed me of such. In my case...I have no restriction on these trucks as I have signed NO legal document on there use.
But! "Of course there is a But" one may argue that a person such as myself, in the business, knew or had full knowledge of restrictions placed on said vehicles.

springbok

SCAR: If you look at some of the trucks that are being sold, obviously came from a private seller, they do NOT say for off road use only..
One that comes from the .mil:
Notices & Restrictions This item is offered for Off-Road Use Only.
Buyer will be required to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me look at their site. Hadn't seen privately owned vehicle up for auction yet. Devil is in the details.

rhinob

I noticed that some HMMWV GP auctions are clearly missing the restriction "off-road use only" and coincidentally have a starting bid 6 times those noted as off-road. Clearly this implies it's an "on-road" option, no? So they are out there. So how does a 2nd or 3rd hand buyer know what GP put on their website, etc etc? And does 'not knowing' matter to anyone even though you might have played by all the rules up to the point of discovery?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how does a 2nd or 3rd hand buyer know what GP put on their website, etc etc? And does 'not knowing' matter to anyone even though you might have played by all the rules up to the point of discovery?
That would be the point of branded titles, and why title washing should be viewed as fraud.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Privately sold items do not require an HHA that is a surplus Humvee requirement.

If you buy a HV and sell it the new buyer isn't required to fill out an EUC. Its the same situation it is purely up to the original buyer to keep a record of who he sold it to.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not fraud if the state its filed in doesn't have an "off road" title. That is their "intended" purpose. It is NOT a legal requirement.
That's also not washing. That's taking it home and titling it.

Me buying one out of JBLM and doing some paperwork shuffle with someone in another state to go from branded SF-97 to unbranded WA title via titling in some state that doesn't have the brand and then re-titling in WA to get a clean title would be where it's fraud.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Privately sold items do not require an HHA that is a surplus Humvee requirement.

If you buy a HV and sell it the new buyer isn't required to fill out an EUC. Its the same situation it is purely up to the original buyer to keep a record of who he sold it to.
GovPlanet should have records of all HMMWV's sold with a HHA , and shouldn't be able to sell a private sale HMMWV without disclosing that information . By terms of the government sale it can't be driven on public roads whether a state titled it or not , as it violates the sale agreement with the DLA . It would seem GP is violating there own contract with the DLA selling private HMMWV's with washed titles.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovPlanet should have records of all HMMWV's sold with a HHA , and shouldn't be able to sell a private sale HMMWV without disclosing that information . By terms of the government sale it can't be driven on public roads whether a state titled it or not , as it violates the sale agreement with the DLA . It would seem GP is violating there own contract with the DLA selling private HMMWV's with washed titles.
And then they have to discover the figure out if the title was washed, or if a state has a process to legally remove the brand. Similar to the way you can get a brand removed in WA for a off road motorcycle IF you jump through some hoops, and add some lights. (I have no idea if any states do that or not, WA doesn't for anything but motorcycles)

The rest is an discussion on contract law that we're not allowed to have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.