• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 won’t start

Mikei998

Tried to start my m998 today and the wait light just flashed and went off . Truck turnover but won’t fire up . Can you guys help me ? Was run fine till now I’m assuming something has failed . Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a quick forum search for "HMMWV won't start" and you'll come up with dozens of threads, all starting about the same as this one. There are also a couple other forums that have answers as well.

Sounds like your controller or start box is failed, you'll either need to replace parts or take them apart and replace components inside of them if you have the know how and skills.

[URL]https://hummerhuren.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/hmmwv_test-diagnostics.pdf

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?83386-HMMWV-Glow-Plug-Gospel[/URL]

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=230913

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If she turns over, sounds like glow plugs need replacement.

Also, Coug gave you an awesome headstart. READ, READ, READ .

Good luck,

T

Wire Fox

Everything here is a great starting point. I'll also add, I've had similar symptoms from a low battery. Typically in this case, the wait light will flash and glowplugs will energize partially. There's still enough current to turn the starter and start the engine, but the voltage reads low and the S3 feeds back the error. Sometimes, it's done the same with just a quick single flash, but no glow plugs activation occurs.

Just another of many things to add to your troubleshooting list...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

papakb

TM9-2320-280-20-1 Startability test

The technical manuals for the HMMWV are available here on SS and half a dozen other places online. Download them and learn how to use them. 98% of the situations your going to experience with your truck have been identified and have been documented in the troubleshooting guides. They're simple flow charts designed to help the average mechanic to identify and repair problems. Merely saying my HMMWV won't start is like asking "how long is a string?" If you want help you can certainly get it here but give us some information first. What year is your truck? What engine does it have? What have you done to it to find the cause of your problem, and what have you found so far?

page 1:
HMMWV Startability tests.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks