• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998

Speedy

I have located a humvee, and I might be able to pic it up for a extremely affordable price.
their are mechanical issues that sound like just the engine.
I am not holding my breath on this deal but I would like to understand more about this humvee regardless.

I have some questions.

does it run a detroit 6.2 diesel like all the chevy/gm trucks did (civilian) and cucv's?

are parts easy to locate?
what about prices?

I have been a member of the forum for awhile and active in and out of the forum, tho I dont own a MV I still have a good understanding of what things are worth, but I have never ever looked at humvees so be kind to me ;)

ACBMWM#

Older ones have the 6.2L, Most now have a 6.5L turbocharged.
parts are NOT easy to locate. Ebay is usually the first place I look when I need a part. Also prices on parts are pretty high. Just paid $1000 for a full ECV hood/grille Assembly.
I have seen some decent runners for about $22k lately but they do need some TLC.

Hope that helps

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2l motors are available. I bought two a few years back for $900 (for the two...$450 each). I don't think that guy has anymore, but another friend in MD (CUCVFAN) bought two motors in DE or MD (can't remember which) and paid about what I paid. They are out there. You might want to PM CUCVFAN to see if he can remember where he got his.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks