• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998a0 self centering steering?

kestrelnh

I've never driven a HMMWV or H1 except for mine, so I'm not sure what to expect. My steering does not seem to self center, meaning if I dial in a certain amount of steering input and let go of the wheel, the vehicle keeps turning, rather than the wheels straightening out. Is this common or correct for this vehicle?

Thanks!

Hkx3

Both of mine, and every one Ive driven. Its because there is no Ackerman effect in the front suspension/steering geometry. Its set up like a farm tractor...just to steer.

kestrelnh

Thanks. That makes me feel a lot better. I was a bit worried something was wrong with the steering, and this was a leading indicator of something worse to come.

dmetalmiki

Both of mine, and every one Ive driven. Its because there is no Ackerman effect in the front suspension/steering geometry. Its set up like a farm tractor...just to steer.
My friend has one, and complained at length about the "tight" steering. He is now wiser.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks