• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998A1 cost

ogrove

I recently came across a guy selling an M998A1. It looks in pretty good shape. There is no body damage, doors work, tires are new, and no visible leaks. With a battery jump it started up smoothly and drove/operated well. Previous owner already painted most of it black (which I think looks pretty cool). It has 40k miles on odometer. I am leery about getting a humvee with a 3 speed transmission (low top speed and terrible fuel economy), but this one seems in such good shape. What do yall think would be a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle?

springer1981

Not enough info. What engine, 6.2, 6.5, 6.5 GEP? Any "accessories"? What setup is it, 2 man, 4 man, hard top? Do you have any pictures?

ogrove

Not sure which size engine. I was guessing 6.5L. Ignition switch was swapped for a key. There is a small lockbox inside. Seats appear to have been minimally upgraded. Soft top is in pretty good shape. Humvee was jumped with jumper cables from another vehicle, didn't take but a few seconds.

HMMWV M998A1.jpeg

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Reasonable price ??? At GP, I see them starting at $4K. Sold for $40K. The one picture shown and my one guess $20K Plus.

Looks like a nice, clean rig. Anything goes, Guesses are free, trucks are NOT. Parts sky high.

What's in your wallet, CAMO

Reactions: HDN

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Not sure which size engine. I was guessing 6.5L. Ignition switch was swapped for a key. There is a small lockbox inside. Seats appear to have been minimally upgraded. Soft top is in pretty good shape. Humvee was jumped with jumper cables from another vehicle, didn't take but a few seconds.

View attachment 830178
You go be sure of everything
Money leaves You to never be seen again
You be berry berry careful.
Back in the day they put a new paintjob over cars that had been parked at the beach long time
You need to crawl under that one

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This looks like the truck that cgxxxx bought for 9 k, converted to 4 door, and is trying to sell for $58k.

That means this might be a stolen picture.

Have you seen the truck in person and opened the hood?

DO NOT WIRE MONEY.

That truck is worth maybe 14-15K IF alternator is not the reason batteries are dead.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also is it titled? if not what paperwork comes with it?, I think 20K is a little high for a 3 speed considering all the 4 speed trucks coming up for sale, I paid 13K for my 92 helmet top with 4 hard doors, A2 seats, titled and road worthy, drove it 200 miles home the day I bought it.
As far as engine if it does not have a GEP I would prefer the 6.2, as with many engines when GM "pumped it up" it only made the short comings of the 6.2 worse.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the last issue of Military Vehicle Magazine they have an article with tips about buying a vehicle. They said if there is no title, run away. I’m not sure I totally agree with that. I do know that titling a HMMWV for road use in some states is very difficult if not impossible . Michigan is one of them. If there is no title I think it should at least affect the price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks