• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998a1 Tunnel Insulation, rear passenger area

Recon1172

I've got a question guys. I've been looking through the parts TM (9-2320-280-24p-1) and cannot for the life of me find the insulation for the right hand rear tunnel. In figure 227, I see that item 21(part # 12339039)INSULATION PANEL,VE INTERMEDIATE REAR,LH is for the left rear. I also scanned the item descriptions looking for intermediate rear, RH, but no joy. IS there an insulation piece that covers the other side of the tunnel? I ran an image search of "Humvee interiors" and it seems that quite a few that actually show the area in question are also missing that piece of insulation...

I feel as though I'm on a snipe hunt.

Thanks!

-Recon

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also been looking for one. Never could find one,I think I read that it’s not available for that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79f250guy

Yes they used insulation on the left side only (the exhaust side) and on the right the fuel tank kinda acted as a thermal barrier. They do make NSN 2540-01-560-3945 but it is for the M11XX series so to work with the old style seat bases you will have to cut it down basically as a mirror image of the left side.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they used insulation on the left side only (the exhaust side) and on the right the fuel tank kinda acted as a thermal barrier. They do make NSN 2540-01-560-3945 but it is for the M11XX series so to work with the old style seat bases you will have to cut it down basically as a mirror image of the left side.
Thank you. I was certain that I had read something about it. Must of been a cost savings procedure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks