• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MA inspection sticker for m35a2

treeguy

New to MV ownership. I just purchased a 1970 m35a2.

My registration is in the works. The insurance Co. insists it must be commercial plates and ins. (in MA) NO EXCEPTIONS due to weight. I will be going for the state inspection soon and have read last years post on the subject. What a nightmare. Does anyone have any recent experiences in MA? I just want to brace myself. I am familiar with commercial inspections and have a CDL, but how will a deuce work out?

Last edited:

Engine5

Welcome to the site. Look for Fabiodriven, I think thats his "name" here. He may be able to help you out. I had the same issue, but was told it can be registered as an antique. I have one commercial, the other will ba antique.Good luck.

BEASTMASTER

fabriodriven is out of reach for a while,but kaiser2help has been on that journey, and also massm35a2 has been there.his deuce is reg antique.i'm sure they can help you thru this mess.

Carl_in_NH

I don't think it's disqualified due to weight (could be wrong - since I escaped MA about 20 years ago, and you can get antique plates in NH on an M35) - but it can't be antique if you're going to work it. Are you planning on using it in your tree business?

Hi I have a 5 ton registered as a camper. Inspection was no problem. .Camper plates do not need a DOT inspection or CDL. I did add a license plate lite to make them happy

ddskehan

My agent told me that it can be titled as a antique. he has seen it several times. I'm waiting on my EUC to finalize. Other than that i'll be titling it as a antique. I run a facility that does inspections and I've spoken with the registry guy that checks us out. I was told that it would be ok, but I couldn't do any business with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks