• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MA Registry Experiance - Use the force!

martinwcox

Having got the insurance sorted and all the required paperwork in hand off I went to the good old MA RMV.
Very short wait and there I was giving the lovely lady all the said paperwork. Things proceeded to plan until in typing the data from the RMV-1 form into the computer, "10 wheels, just what kind of Jeep is this! " Turning to adjacent collogue, " Can you put Antique plates on a 10 wheeler?", reply is "Nope has to be Commercial." I reply "But it has Antique plates on it now. "Colleague replies "Don't make it right does it." Me in groveling tones "No Sir just making an observation." Takes original title brings it up in computer and phones someone higher up. Bla bla bla on the phone, turns to me, "What is this vehicle?" I decide to be upfront "Deuce and a Half, MV." As if by some pre-ordained magic "MV, no problem with Antique plates on that."
Yes there is a God I think. Who knew the power of uttering those hallowed word's "MV."

Plan on picking truck up tomorrow.

Cheers,

Martin.

jaymcb

Having got the insurance sorted and all the required paperwork in hand off I went to the good old MA RMV.
Very short wait and there I was giving the lovely lady all the said paperwork. Things proceeded to plan until in typing the data from the RMV-1 form into the computer, "10 wheels, just what kind of Jeep is this! " Turning to adjacent collogue, " Can you put Antique plates on a 10 wheeler?", reply is "Nope has to be Commercial." I reply "But it has Antique plates on it now. "Colleague replies "Don't make it right does it." Me in groveling tones "No Sir just making an observation." Takes original title brings it up in computer and phones someone higher up. Bla bla bla on the phone, turns to me, "What is this vehicle?" I decide to be upfront "Deuce and a Half, MV." As if by some pre-ordained magic "MV, no problem with Antique plates on that."
Yes there is a God I think. Who knew the power of uttering those hallowed word's "MV."

Plan on picking truck up tomorrow.

Cheers,

Martin.
Congrats! What registry did you go to, and what time of day was it? I have to make that trip next week......

martinwcox

I went to the DMV in Wilmington around 3:00 PM, place was nearly empty.

I have to say they were really helpful all things considered and went out of there way to get an answer rather the just say, NO.

FYI - the old tile did not specify the number of wheels, the new titles now do. I am not sure when that changed, insurance agent said 2008 but I think that was a guess.

panshark

so...would there be repercussions for stripping off the outer rear wheels when it's time to title a duece? Would a LEO get hung up over "discrepancies" if you had 10 wheels on a "6 wheel registered" vehicle? I'm not from Massachusetts that's why I'm asking...

gijoe13

You got lucky. I am so glad I moved from Mass to a free state. The ladies at my town hall wanted to see pictures and said she hoped to see me driving around town. Glad you were able to get it done. Have fun and be safe.:pnopics

BEASTMASTER

there's a guy down the street with a 78 mack twin screw tractor with antique plates on it. he had no trouble at all.I i gotta go to his ins. agent when i do my 5 ton.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count your blessings. I'm still going round and round with the Mass RMV over trailer plates for an M101A2 trailer. The hang up, at the moment, is the VIN number on the trailer tag. The Mass RMV Taunton office doesn't like the 16 digit VIN that the US Army assigned and stamped on it. I have to have a police officer inspect and certify the VIN number. I guess they don't believe the myriad of pictures that I supplied documenting the numbers on the trailer. Sometimes, you just can't fix stupid and the Mass RMV is full of stupid.

John

RECONJON

Hello All,

Reading these posts, I see there are a few brothers in the area, well 100 miles from me. Nice to see such a presence in the northeast, I had been of the understanding that most of us are spread out across the south, mid west, west. I my self am going through the insurance process and my auto policy agent is clueless. the quote they emailed was for a Hummer and I go there and they are all confused, talked about collectors insurance, stated values, pictures and garaging, restricted uses. What a maroon! Im currently awaiting the quote from Gulfway, they were excellent on the phone and I had an editable PDF in my email a few minutes later, filled it out and sent it off. Waiting for the Done button now.
Thanks to all who shed light on the insurance subject, a lot of info has been shared and hopefully we all be where we want to be. Behind the wheel!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks