• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mack Attack checking in from Sauk/Prairie, WI

Mack Attack

Banned
Ol'Mack Attack checking in from Sauk/Prairie Wisconsin. Grew up in Kenosha and Madison WI.
Worked for Packard, Studebaker, and American Motors eventually getting transferred to the AM General division where I worked until I retired and moved to Sauk/Prairie.

Grew up around Packard, Hudson, Nash, Studebaker, REO, GMC, Mack, and American Motors products. Oh we had a few Fords and IHCs got mixed in the bunch too.

Chrysler was to avoided/boycotted brand. My wife and I gave Chrysler a shot but ended up being Anti-Chrysler in the end anyway after some sour luck.

I have always had an love for Mack diesel trucks, Big fan of the M52/54a1 series fan had a few on the family farm which got sold off a few years back. Hope to locate an M52a1 Mack powered tractor one day they seem a bit rare my have to build my own.

You can call me Michael, Mack Attack, or M/A for short. I'll sign my posts "M/A"

Hope to have some fun
M/A

michigandon

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you lived through the era that I wish I would have had the opportunity to experience.

You and AMGeneral on this board are going to get along just fine. ;)

Mack Attack

Banned
That's funny I was going to sign up as AM General but it was taken so I went with Mack Attack instead. My wife gave me that name, I was a bit excited about joining up to start the search for or build of an M52a1 tractor. She goes "Oh jeez don't have a Mack attack on me" so that's how I got the screen name ID :beer:

What I hated about the family farm auction is there was 6 M50 series 5tons 3 Cargos 2 Dumps and a Tractor all of which got sold without my knowledge ! So I'm NOT to impressed with my family . . .

The Cargo's had 673-Ts, dumps had gassers as they were plow trucks, and the Tractor had a bad engine and got a turbo charged 711 diesel transplanted into it.

Thanks for the welcome
M/A

Mack Attack

Banned
My only exp. With M-F's were installing them in new trucks, Though I did test drive a few over the years but that was about it. I did get to watch my brothers son's kid race a REO 331 against an MF and impressively the gasser was faster. They weren't loaded though, Still was the worlds slowest drag race I ever seen.

M/A

Mack Attack

Banned
Yep its at the corner of tower and water streets. I hope a find an M50 Mack too but if NOT I have a plan in my head for a "what if" or "had they of" truck that I dub'd project "M52a3" :beer:

It'd be one heck of Mack 6by tractor !
M/A

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and I believe there has been a Mack powered 5-ton at the Findlay Ohio military show for sale the last two years.

Mack Attack

Banned
Yea that 237hp Mack was fine beast, I also liked the 300hp Mack diesel too. Newest trucks on that farm was a Mack with a 350hp Mack diesel and a Diamond-Reo with a 400hp Cummins diesel.

I always thought a Mack-237/5spd combo with 11R24.5s would make for a fine "M52a3" creation, Maybe up to a 300 or 350 and 7spd Mack but I think the 237/5spd is how Mack would have done it though . . .

Edit:
I think a Mack-237/7spd/11R24.5s would make a nice "M52a3" ;-)
M/A

Last edited:

Mack Attack

Banned
Well there are only 3 of them ;-)

You may run into my great nephew ? I think its great nephew, anywho his girlfriend bought him a 50's REO with gas power 6by. Utility box, duel winches, rolling on singled GI bias 11.00-20s . . . Says "Stockton" on the doors last I saw it. He goes to one of the three Cenex's for his fuel too, Loves to talk mil-spec trucks kinda shy at first.

M/A

AMGeneral

Well,since my name has been tossed around a lot already..

Welcome from WNC Mack Attack,good to meet another admirer of the Mighty Mack trucks and engines,sorry I already had the AMGeneral screenname pegged down.

Watch that vtdeucedriver guy,he is on the lookout for a Mack powered MV,I'm trying my best to buy all of em up east of Memphis TN.

A pic of one of my Macks,a 1967 Kaiser/Jeep M54A1,factory 673 Mack powered truck.

Attachments

Mack Attack

Banned
Yes I tried, AMGeneral, AM-General, and even AM General all got rejected. I thought about AM-G but figured that would get confused with the Benz. I figured American Motors General would of been far to long and oxy looking. So I took the comment my wife made and ran with it. So Mack Attack iit is . . . Ok enough bla bla about names hate to bore ya.

Very nice M54a1 ! You also answered a question if the Mack powered trucks were Mack branded/built and it seems they were Jeeps with Mack engines. We had some Mack powered M50 series on the farm but I never paid that close attention. Now I wished I had. Sadly they sold the trucks with the farm so I didn't get them as I wanted.

I hope to find an M52a1 Mack powered tractor one day, Other wise I will take an M52a2 multifuel and turn it into my project/creation that I dub'd "M52a3" ;-)

Anywho thanks for the welcome guys !
M/A

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks