• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made a trip to Kublos Surplus

buzzinhalfdozzen

Well... I didn't, Sent two friends to pick up some 16.00s on Hemmt wheels for me. They couldn't get over how much stuff was there. Pics are of just a few of the trucks he had. There's allot more not shown. Ken has always been great to me on the phone. I'll have to make the trip next time

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a trip you shoulda made yourself. Sounds like they got the best part of that trip. When will you have those tires bolted up to your 818? Post up some pics!

buzzinhalfdozzen

That's a trip you shoulda made yourself. Sounds like they got the best part of that trip. When will you have those tires bolted up to your 818? Post up some pics!
I'm on mandatory 20 hrs OT. Which means I have a pile of money and no time to spend it. So I sent them haha.

I need to find part numbers for longer front wheel studs. Or take old ones to KW or freightshaker and ask for longer ones. Need to get bud nuts machined for the back tires too. If I don't flip the hubs on the back, do I need to flip all the studs in the wheel? didn't know if they would hit the drum. Haven't looked at it closely yet.

Getting there slowly.

Last edited:

KsM715

I dont think you need to do anything for the back tires. No need for machined thimbles, just get some more front lug nuts.

Punisher666

I just talked to Ken Sr. about the same time your friends were there and the current inventory number for trucks is..........................................................................................................150!!! Take that to the bank lol. They are the greatest people to deal with when it comes to anything having to deal with Deuces and bigger.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if Kublos is pretty good re: price of parts, stuff laying around his yard, etc? I love picking around ol salvage yards, and in looking at previous posts about Kublos, it looks like it might be a neat place to visit. What I DON'T want is to make a big trip there, pick some parts and he wants to charge me retail prices for used stuff using my labor to pull it.

Any insight from previous customers of Kublos? Love to go there, just want some opinions...