• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made it home with my new 1009

seabee mike

m1009 build thread.

First off I Have to thank Rocks512 for coming to the base and getting me through the base and loading the cucv. 6.5 hours later I am home. It fires right up, lights work. I have not drove it fast enough to see if it shifts. I am missing a window crank, drivers glass, maybe something else for the glass too not suere yet. I will get photos in the morning but i have not figured out how to post them here.

Last edited:

Varyag

How were they considered a failure? Every unit I was in that had them used the crap out of them. For everything. We liked those and the 1008s better then the 998s when it came to "not in Iraq" stuff.

The battalion commander had his completely customized with seat covers with the unit insignia, 2 singars between th seats and completly rust free. (they took really good care of it even making sure the 3 color was maintained perfectly.) I wonder what happened to that rig.

Last edited:

seabee mike

Some more. I did take it out for a quick run. It hit 90mph really fast. I thought they did not go that fast? I checked it with my gps too. My foot was only half throttle. my last 1009 drive at 75 easy.

Attachments

monkeythumbs

I like the washers idea for the dent pulling ,never thought of that myself. At the rate you are going with body repair, should be ready for paint sunday afternoon .:grin:

seabee mike

I am about 1/2 done with the dents. mostly small dings left. I would be ready for paint for sure. Too bad I don't have any paint yet.

I still need to get new rubber and seals for the doors and back window. I also need the thresholds that hold the door seals on.

seabee mike

I am in need of some parts . I don't see a area to post wants. I am in need of the metal trim that holds the door seal on the floor. I call it carpet trim but who knows. anyone have them? 2 ea.