• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made my own 12 pin to blade adapter

robertss

I built this to allow me to hookup the lights to pull my civvy trailer with the M1009. I have an M101 I already converted over to RV plug because at the time I didnt intend to buy a CuCV.

It is an RV recepticle cut off at the rear in order to accept the rubber ring out of a 12 pin trailer recepticle. I used a 1 1/2 PVC collar to provide minimal protection and support of the assembly when plugged into the tow vehicle.

Attachments

robertss

I'll recheck with my meter but when I tested the adapter yesterday Im pretty sure I was only getting +/- 13 volts at the socket.

robertss

I'm a dummy. I tested it using my civvy truck and my other even to 12 pin adaptor. It was raining and the 09 was at the back of the lot. I will confirm the cucv voltage. I forgot about the 24 volt at the trailer harness. Well, seemed like A good idea at the time!

MarcusOReallyus

I think the CUCV lights are all 12v, aren't they? So are you saying the trailer receptacle is 24v?

Duh, I guess it would have to be, to tow military trailers which are all 24v.

I converted my m101 to 12v by just replacing the 24v bulbs with 12v bulbs with the same base. Then I cut off (heresy!) the 12 pin connector and replaced it with a 7 blade RV plug.

That adapter is massively slick, Robert! :beer:

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCV trailer plug is only 12v. If using a stock trailer the bulbs must be changed to 12v version.

Great design on the plug. Very simple and compact.

robertss

I did double check the cucv trailer voltage. It is 12 volts.
Here is another pic with the collar installed. I should put a longer PVC piece
So it will but against the cucv receptacle and the RV mount plate for max support.
Maybe on the next version.

Attachments