• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

made up some battery cables

72m35a2

just made up some new cables out of 1 awg wire and military ends. the guy had stripped wire wrapped around the battery post and used hose clamps!!! just thought id share:shock:

dmetalmiki

Way to go. I have used heavy duty welding cable and proper battery camps from the jump sockets to to the batteries when they have been missing.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It amazes me....the two batteries in series have sufficient power to weld metal - or set the truck on fire. The battery cables are often a weak spot...chafing, age etc. and I really hope that people recognize how dangerous this is on a truck without electrical master switch/battery disconnect!

Good on the OP for making new cables!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is truly and I mean TRULY amazing what some folks look at OK!!!! I have seen my share of this level of "CRAFTSMANSHIP" also!
KK