• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MAG010 shop maintenance truck

Black Elk

Hey I'm new around here but I need a truck really bad and I have started looking at the "some auction site" where I found this little gem:

[please help me learn to post pics here]

I have a few questions for anyone who may know more about it.
  • How expensive/difficult is it to rebuild this engine if/when it needs it?
    A good TM for this would answer most of my questions.
    Inside the box you can see what looks like a PTO Generator; or am I nuts? (any info on this would be helpful)
    Any idea what internal dimensions are for the box?
    Other than the box and gen can I assume everything else is pretty much CUCV?

edited twice after
education from fellow member's :

Last edited:

Matt65

As far as the engine rebuild, Depending on what was involved I would probably just replace the engine. They can be found very cheap from trucks in route to the scrap yard.

I have a link to the TMs in my signature that will have a ton of information.

From the CUCV Wiki:
The M1031 is a 1984 K30 chassis cab pickup with a J code 6.2L diesel, TH400 3 speed automatic, and an NP205 transfer case. The NP205 transfer case is used because it has provisions for a PTO to be installed on the vehicle to power various auxiliary bodies that might be installed.

Most M1031s are Contact Maintenance Trucks with an aluminum box containing a PTO driven 10KW generator, air compressor and welder. The generator installation has a governor installed on the engine to maintain 1800 RPM to get 60Hz power regardless of load.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you need to reread the rules about posting about any open auction. That is REAL NO-NO on this site.

The site owner has made it very clear about this. Break that rule and you will get booted.

The manuals that will give you specs about the CUCV series are

TM 9-2320-289-10

and the repair manuals are

TM 9-2320-289-20 and TM 9-2320-289-34

Black Elk

Hey thanks guys, i have downloaded every manual from Matt65's signature and will ck the other site later today. I have changed the original post to reflect the proper SS SOP's and look forward to a great time learning from and getting to know you guys as I rebuild my life, after two decades 90% disability, and GET BACK INTO MV STEEL. HOOAH!!! :beer:

ok time to run out to a meeting but I did see a couple of *cough* auctions coming up in the next couple weeks that look really good and even close to home.

:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks