• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Magirus Deutz wrecker crane 6x6

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When looking for old timer sales in the Netherlands, I came across a 1964 military Magirus Deutz crane, a 12.6 liter V8 diesel engine (178D). Probably comparable with an M62 or M543.

The trucks looks in very good condition, less than 2000 miles on the counter, so maybe a Nato POMMS depot truck. Since it is a current sale I will not post the link to the sale, but I downloaded the pics so you can enjoy it also.

If you want to see what is going on in the Netherlands, just follow the link and start enjoy. The link does not refer to an actual auction or sale, it is the start page for searching any type of old timer for sale. Type in DAF YA126 or DAF YA328 and you will see some nice old Dutch army trucks.

magirus 10.JPG magirus 1.JPG magirus 3..JPG magirus 7.JPG

magirus 5.JPG magirus 8.JPG

magirus 4.JPG magirus 9.jpg magirus 6.JPG

The old Magirus Deutz trucks were very popular also as fire trucks in Europe, and after being sold as surplus, a lot of them now are rebuild into campers or expedition trucks.

Migginsbros

Since it is a current sale I will not post the link to the sale, but I downloaded the pics so you can enjoy it also.

View attachment 699985 View attachment 699973 View attachment 699974 View attachment 699978

View attachment 699976 View attachment 699979

View attachment 699975 View attachment 699987 View attachment 699977

The old Magirus Deutz trucks were very popular also as fire trucks in Europe, and after being sold as surplus, a lot of them now are rebuild into campers or expedition trucks.
Nice truck. Do you followed the auction/sale? For how much this truck is gone?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't follow auctions anymore, don't have $$ to bid and don't want to get frustrated if they go out cheap. But I would expect well over 10K.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks