• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Magnetic PTO Sensor for M1031

1956_4x4

Does anyone happen to have any idea where I can order the magnetic pickup that mounts in the pto housing for the M1031? The sensor reads the speed of the pto off the teeth of the gear and provides input to the controller for the generator.

Smitty

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try google searching the part number?

1956_4x4

I would, but I'm having a little trouble locating the part number. The bad part is that I ordered one of these a few years ago, but I can't remember the details...

Smitty

1956_4x4

Huh? Only sensor in there is the switch that tells you the pto is engaged. Isnt the speed read off the hertz?
Mine (and all that I've seen) has one switch to show PTO engagement and one sensor for speed. The sensor I need has two wires while the switch only has one wire.

Smitty

Matt1031

Go to link below for the Muncie manual on PDF.
http://www.munciepower.com/clientuploads/directory/Resources/IN/IN84-03.pdf
Page 2.7 has the p/n and install directions for the part you're looking for. Any Class 8 (big rig) truck dealer will usually have a Muncie parts catalog and should be able to order.

I looked at the speed sensor/pickup on the PTO on my 1031 and the only thing that looked like a part number I could see was "8268" printed on the plastic cap. I don't think that is going to help you much.

If you can get the part for $80 new you may want to jump on that. I checked and 2011 List price for a 31T35108 sensor (pulse generator is what they call it) is $133.58 ! http://www.munciepower.com/clientuploads/directory/Resources/PS/PS01_PTOs.pdf

b4thundr

I have a pretty good memory when I wanna remember stuff. Now why can't I remember those special dates that involve the girlfriend??? :-O