• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Magnum MMG 25 USMC generator low voltage.

Turner81

I have a Magnum MMG 25 USMC generator that has about 25 volts. I have changed the voltage regulator and the potentiometer on the control board. The reason I changed the potentiometer on the control panel, is because while I was trying to figure out the low voltage and playing with the dial all of the sudden it started making power for about 5 seconds and then stopped. I have checked wires and plugs and I can't find anything that is bad. The generator made power perfectly about 6 months ago. I am in Florida and hurricane season is upon us. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I have looked for more information on this generator and there isn't much.

Scoobyshep

I have a Magnum MMG 25 USMC generator that has about 25 volts. I have changed the voltage regulator and the potentiometer on the control board. The reason I changed the potentiometer on the control panel, is because while I was trying to figure out the low voltage and playing with the dial all of the sudden it started making power for about 5 seconds and then stopped. I have checked wires and plugs and I can't find anything that is bad. The generator made power perfectly about 6 months ago. I am in Florida and hurricane season is upon us. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I have looked for more information on this generator and there isn't much.
What part of fl?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
The 25 volts you see, are excitation voltage. The main gen is not lighting off for some reason. When a gen set acts like this, I would start looking at connections and wires. A loose wire/connection, broken wire/connector, will give you just this sort of fault.