• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

maintance start of ldt endgine

orrisd4

Finishing up a frame off restoration of my deuce , looking for advice on rigging up a sort of half-a**ed wiring harness to start the old girl so as to check for leaks before putting the body on.
need to hook up the lifter pump and start er up , rigging up the lifter pump is easy enough. But the massive draw of the starter is giving me pause on how to turn the starter over.
When i cut the old rotten harness off i didn't look at the solenoid first. Can anyone give me a bit of advice on rigging this up?

rickdavis81

Finishing up a frame off restoration of my deuce , looking for advice on rigging up a sort of half-a**ed wiring harness to start the old girl so as to check for leaks before putting the body on.
need to hook up the lifter pump and start er up , rigging up the lifter pump is easy enough. But the massive draw of the starter is giving me pause on how to turn the starter over.
When i cut the old rotten harness off i didn't look at the solenoid first. Can anyone give me a bit of advice on rigging this up?
Hook your batteries up in series to get your 24vdc. Run a jumper pigtail to your lift pump. Hook your negative to the starter negative lug, then it looks like you can either hook the positive lead to terminal 2 of the starter solenoid and jump the solenoid or finish wiring the solenoid and use a push button momentary switch to activate the solenoid.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks