• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance help on my 803a

Blackbear

Need maintenance help off my MEP-803A
After an oil change I started it back up, and electrically other masters with would no longer work to shut gen off, also the emergency e stop
Did not work, only after I moved the dry crank switch to off and waited about 15 mins it shut off on its own,?.
Advice on some kind of short not knowing where, I reset breaker and checked fuses inside panel but the same thing is happening
Can it turn it off.
Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
I am old and slow. I am having difficulty understanding what you wrote. Are you writing on a phone? Need a bit more info.

Have you downloaded the TM's?
Is this set new to you?
Have you ever seen it run right?
Was an oil change the ONLY thing you did to it?

Blackbear

I am old and slow. I am having difficulty understanding what you wrote. Are you writing on a phone? Need a bit more info.

Have you downloaded the TM's?
Is this set new to you?
Have you ever seen it run right?
Was an oil change the ONLY thing you did to it?
The gen will not shut off using master switch or e stop.

Guyfang

Staff member
No. Its not the oil change. Did you tighten up anything on the Fuel solenoid? Is the plug on tight? Wires in the plug right? Will the set start right? When you start AND stop, will the fuel solenoid move in both directions?

Blackbear

No. Its not the oil change. Did you tighten up anything on the Fuel solenoid? Is the plug on tight? Wires in the plug right? Will the set start right? When you start AND stop, will the fuel solenoid move in both directions?
I may have tightened the black knob on the solenoid, it does now move find in both directions. Also engine starts fine, the problem is it does not shut off

Guyfang

Staff member
Not if the solenoid is not turning off. Try one more time, and pull the solenoid plug out. Will it stop?
Oh, the black knob should move freely back and forth in the solenoid arm.

Ray70

Think of it this way... if the fuel solenoid is attached and working correctly you have to have power to it for the machine to run.
Power pulls the solenoid in and pulls the linkage towards the control panel.
To shut the gen off the power to the solenoid is cut which kills the magnetic force pulling in on the solenoid. This allows the spring inside the solenoid's plunger to force the solenoid plunger back out towards the radiator, killing the fuel coming out of the metering pumps.
If the S1 and E-stop both fail to shut it off, unplug the solenoid as Guy stated, if it still continues to run simply push the lever towards the radiator.
Then you will need to trouble shoot to see if you have a mechanical binding situation with the linkage or something in the solenoid or fuel rack binding up.

GreaseMonkee63b

For troubleshooting, I have not done much for this symptom, since I am also dealing with not producing AC. After turning off the main switch and emergency switch it will take a couple of minutes to shut off. It will slowly idle down and stumble to turn off, like it is being starved fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks