• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major electrical power in the cab

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am getting ready to install a 24 volt to 110 volt inverter in my truck and I want to put it in the cab to keep it out of the weather. So I was looking for a way to get 100 amps into the cab and I think I found it. The nice thing is that it was there already and it is easy to tap into. There are two contacts just above the accelerator pedal that have connections for positive and negative 24 volts. They were covered in the sticky junk that they put on everything but after I cleaned that off, there were two nuts just waiting to be used. So if you need less power then it would be easier to just tap into one of the circuit breakers in the "glove box".

IMG_20200118_145558.jpg

ALSO, the nut on my ground was loose. I could easily move the wires with my hand. It is the black one below and a little left of the red connector. My truck did act strange sometimes, things working then not working, so maybe I have fixed some issues when I tightened the ground connections.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an extreme outback 24v to 110 volt inverter that is rated at 100 amps. 2 gauge wire (battery cable) is required to source the 24 volts from the batteries. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks