• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a Dump Trailer out of a M105 Frame?

GPappy

I have been wanting to take the bed and hardware off an old 3 yard dump truck on the farm and make a trailer out of it. I was thinking that a M105 frame might make a good starting point and thought about all those M105 beds that are going on Bobbed Deuces. Would the frame/axle/spring off of the M105 be strong enough for 3-5 yards? If not, any suggestions?

GPappy

I would also like to know what those people who are using a M105 trailer bed on their Bobbed Deuces are doing with the frames and axles when they are done. Are most people selling them for scrap or using them for some other purpose?

I know that I should be asking that question in the Deuce Modification forum but the moderators think that the question is too similiar to this one and deleted it.

markaroe

To Go one Further Where are All the Deuce beds going that they take off? I could use a good one to modify for a dumper bob. Use the 105 frame for the hoist sub frame and put the deuce bed on that.

A straight 105 with frame on it would be even easier.

You Should look at the dual wheeled generator trailer it has a higher weight capacity and should work with a deuce bed or a 105 bed.

Last edited:

ODdave

I would also like to know what those people who are using a M105 trailer bed on their Bobbed Deuces are doing with the frames and axles when they are done. Are most people selling them for scrap or using them for some other purpose?

I know that I should be asking that question in the Deuce Modification forum but the moderators think that the question is too similiar to this one and deleted it.
there is a real nice genset trailer, no genset, for sale on 27 just nort of dewitt. It would be perfect for your aplication! I dont know where you are in MI but i could get pics for you.

I think most ppl use the springs off of the 105's for bobbers so that might axe the idea.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't forget to consider center of gravity. I am making a dump trailer out of an M353 using an M59 dump bed and sub-frame. I would think a 105 trailer would make it too high.

Alredneck

Banned
Why not just remove all offending sheetmetal form the dump you plan on using bend the framerails in and weld a appropriate hitch you would llike to use? If the truck is there then you would already save time by not having to move the HYDs and the axles underneath would be within the weight specs required. Either leave the axleshafts and carrier in place for spares od remove and weld covers to make lighter..

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The trailer has already been fit with the bed. The truck was parted out. I'm not worried about mine, I'm worried about the 105 version. I have a couple mounts and the hydraulics to install. I am powering a 24v pump with one of my slave cables. I don't see using the dump too much or I would have made my deuce bed dump.

GPappy

there is a real nice genset trailer, no genset, for sale on 27 just nort of dewitt. It would be perfect for your aplication! I dont know where you are in MI but i could get pics for you.

I think most ppl use the springs off of the 105's for bobbers so that might axe the idea.
Is it one of the dual axle trailers? If so, would be interested depending on price. I live in Corunna which isn't too far from Dewitt. May be going to Lansing on Saturday and could stop and look.

I had been thinking about going a different direction and using the truck frame. (as also suggested by Alredneck). I would use the springs off the duece and see if I could modify them to hold the 105 axle (I would have to find a second axle)

goldwing2000

Banned
ODdave: is that trailer still there? I want to pick one up to use the springs for a bobber. They're selling out of Ohio on GL for $150 all day long but I'd rather not make a second 4-hour trip down there to get one. I think my kidneys are going to be shaken up enough after the upcoming trip to get two M105s!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks