• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a light bar over the cab.....Making progress....almost ready to install

frodobaggins

Beware guys, these pulsetech units do not create 12v, or have an equalizer built in. The 12v comes straight from the rear battery. If you start putting any significant loads on it, you're going to start ruining batteries.

RedBlok

Goobs, - I would just check the wiring harness that came with the lights, if there is a relay, it would probably need to be 24 volt if you run the lights at 24 volt. I have a small light bar I run on my ATV and it is rated at 12- 36 volts but the relay was 12 volts. Basing my information on that.

Frodo- Thanks for the warning.

Goobs

Also, on the box there is a long lead that says to 24v and a short lead that says to 12v.

Which post is the 24v post?

sorry if that's a dumb question but as I said, I'm new to this 24v thing.

Thanks

goobs

RedBlok

Hey Goobs,

I am going to assume that you have 4 batteries. That being said, they are wired in both Series and Parallel. first you have two set of batteries (2 each) wired in parallel which doubles your amps and each set is 12 volt. Then the two sets of batteries are wired in series which doubles the volt from 12 to 24 volt. On my truck the one closest to the front of the cab and nearest to the driver was the 24 volt positive post. It should have a couple heavy gauge wires connected to it. One going to the Slave cable and the other going to the set of batteries on the passenger side. Looking at a photo of my battery setup, I think there are a couple more wires.

Last edited:

Goobs

I just have two BIG batteries. I would assume the one with the big double cables is the 24v side. Does it matter which one the ground goes to. I don't think it would but......

Goobs

RedBlok

If you have two big batteries then they are wired in series (assuming they are both 12 volt) IF that is the case, then you would be correct, but a voltmeter can verify. I think you have a grounding strap that goes to the frame from the batteries. I would verify and run a wire to the grounding strap on the frame under the Cab.

Goobs

"and GOD said "let there be light...and there was light..." and alot of lights. These things are definately bright.

Here are some pics.

Just headlights:
IMG_6893.jpg

With roof lights...and the rest:
IMG_6894.jpgIMG_6895.jpgIMG_6897.jpgIMG_6898.jpgIMG_6900.jpgIMG_6901.jpgIMG_6902.jpgIMG_6903.jpg

They need to get this picture posting thing fixed. They are all right side up on my computer and when I add them, once posted they go any which way!!!!

Goobs

Last edited:

RedBlok

Goobs,

Those are awesome. Nice work. Those are some big batteries. I like the extra room that you have from them rather than the four battery set up I have.

RedBlok

Goobs

The brackets not bent would be $50.00 per pair and $100.00 per pair if bent cause they can only bend them one way, then have to cut and weld the bracket back on (which is how mine are).

This is is what they cost me. I don't want to profit on these, just help fellow members out.

They thought it it was a one time job so they deleted the program after they made mine.

Let me me know if you want some and I can get them done in about three days so it would be cost plus shipping.

Thanks.

Goobs

RedBlok

The brackets not bent would be $50.00 per pair and $100.00 per pair if bent cause they can only bend them one way, then have to cut and weld the bracket back on (which is how mine are).

This is is what they cost me. I don't want to profit on these, just help fellow members out.

They thought it it was a one time job so they deleted the program after they made mine.

Let me me know if you want some and I can get them done in about three days so it would be cost plus shipping.

Thanks.

Goobs
Hey Goobs,

I would like a pair of the Not-Bent brackets for $50. Just send me a PM on how you want the payment sent. What type of hardware did you use to attach them to the window pillars?

Thanks Rob

barkster

Midway through this thread it turned into a pulsetech thread for a minute. Anyone know a replacement solar panel for the pulsetech system, voltage, wattage on something that I could wire into my push button controller. I have the circuit breaker and push button controller but would like to have the ability to charge. And did anyone ever find the instructions on wiring. I know how to wire it but would like to see the instructions.

s-l140.jpg

s-l140b.jpg

Goobs

I had a cop pull me over and give me crap about my light bar. They werent on and it was daytime. He said they were too high and not safe for use??????????/

Didnt get a ticket or warning, he just told me he didnt like them cause they were too high. Has anyone else run into this?

I told him to show me where in the law it was that these were violating and I told him they were for off road use only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks