• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a useable center console for my m1009

jeryshery

To start off I'm using a 40mm ammo box. I want this box to preform these tasks. It need to be a comfy arm rest, have two cup-holders, house my 6x9 speakers, look almost stock.

Scarecrow1

This has been done many times and it is always a great idea. You may find some ideas of others build if you search in the right forum. Don't forget to post pics of the build .........

jeryshery

005.jpg007.jpg008.jpg010.jpg011.jpgThe materials I have chosen for the build include an m35a2 drivers seat bottom, two cupholders that came with the truck a set of Kenwood 6x9s along with possibly a self contained 8 inch subwoofer.

jeryshery

Scarecrow I did a search and couldn't find a thread for just the center console. I know a bunch of people have done this and many more will do it so I started this thread for people who want to do it and don't wanna spend forever looking for ideas.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at the bottom of this page? There are some CUCV console threads.

wayne pick

Thanks! Cutting the holes in the can lid was a PITA. The holesaw kept snatching up on the reinforcing ribs under the lid. FYI, the leather seats are out of an 02 S10 blazer.

jeryshery

I have a couple airseat bases. When I have some extra money I'm going to get some Escalade power seats and mount them on my airseat bases and do an install but that's a subject for a different thread.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got this one from a junkyard, repainted it, and screwed it down between the seats.

I'm planning on another one soon. A shallow ammo can with a jotto or similar police console attached to the top. That way I can install the siren control box and the light control box, and eventually a 2 meter radio.
Console1.jpgConsole2s.jpg

jeryshery

Hopefully I can find a metal blade tomorrow and cut my holes for my 6x9s then I'll build my frame to level it out and soon I'll be getting my 5point trailer plugs which I'll be using for my speakers so I can unplug the box and pull it for camping purposes.