• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making Winch Parts for M135/M211

dabtl

Do you mean the support bracket in fig. 344? That's the piece I sent. It's angled on both sides as pictured, but I don't think it would need to be.

Fig. 343 shows the pillow block bearing bracket labeled as G not the support bracket in Fig. 344.

dabtl

I am working on reproducing the bracket and shield. The first attempt is being done now. We will see how they come out.

This is not making an Iphone after all. rofl

Baradium

If there is anything else you need, we don't have our winch mounted due to the plow being in the way until we can cut off some brackets (for the plow, not the winch), but everything else is there on the truck still down to the driveshafts. Might make it easier to get measurements.

dabtl

I have obtained a couple of original parts for the winch drive line.

The in cab lever will be simple enough to make and cost around $25 to $50 depending on the number I have made. A pic of it is included here. It has a hole and attachment farther forward than the transfer lever and a bit of a curve to it.

The under cab brace will have to be made in two parts, welded, but would otherwise be very close to identical. Cost, about $75 down depending on how many get made.

I have the prototype pillow bearing bracket and shield now. Pics are included. Measure yours and tell me where we are off if you can.

Attachments

dabtl

If there is anything else you need, we don't have our winch mounted due to the plow being in the way until we can cut off some brackets (for the plow, not the winch), but everything else is there on the truck still down to the driveshafts. Might make it easier to get measurements.
I am still not entirely certain on the pillow bearing bracket. If you could pull yours and either send it to me or compare the prototype measurements and shape to yours it would be helpful.

dabtl

I took some additional pics to show next to a tape measure. Can anyone measure theirs for comparison.

I already know we got the spacing wrong on the frame holes. They are 3.5" here and should be 4.5" center to center.

Attachments

My mount looks like it's 5 1/2 I could be wrong it's hard to see looking at it the angle .the bottom bolt looks to be centered at 3/4 inch from bottom of the plate . one of the pictures shows where the spring mounts for the master cylinder .and how far the drive line should be from the spring mount .

Attachments

dabtl

I have measured the bolt holes to mount the bracket to the frame. 4.5 inch center to center, a bit offset on the bracket to allow a slight slant from top to rear, it appears. We will see how this fits.

dabtl

With little to do on a Sunday morning, I ran my usual searches on eBay. Then, for no real reason, I ran pillow block bearing, flange base. Same bearings, 1 1/4 shaft hole, as the parts houses stock. Cheaper!

Kind of amazing.

Then I went to Northern Tool. Even more amazing.

dabtl

I am having the under cab floor support bracket and J-Bolt shown in Fig. 344 of TM 9-8024 duplicated.

I expect to have them finished in a couple of weeks.

dabtl

Found a complete winch set up for the M135/M211 here. I will have the bracket by Saturday.

I will have pillow block brackets and shields by next week. Contact me off line.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-build PTO shaft U part #'s

These are the parts that we put into your pto shaft:[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
5-170QG U-Joint[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
10-3-51X Slip Yoke [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
10-4-123QG End Yoke 1.250” x 0.312” Key[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
10-4-183QG End Yoke 1.250” x 0.250” Key

Hope this helps! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch shield

N- Shield Part # YT-2285374.................Duplication replicated.

winch guard 15 011.jpgP4290323.jpg

After a long wait, the Shield for the PTO mid-shaft bearing is done. It's the first piece off the G-749 I tried to make a copy of, so we had to do it right. That's why it took 700+ days to get it on the plasma cutter and not because the owner of the plasma cutter now needs me, to do work for him.....so he finally got er done. The boys at Trim Industries were mad with oilfield work but now that things are different, it's easier to get important work done.

winch guard 15 012.jpgwinch guard 15 003.jpgwinch guard 15 004.jpgwinch guard 15 005.jpgwinch guard 15 009.jpgwinch guard 15 014.jpg

The original shield did not appear to be welded so we followed the exact design, including the sassy little gap down the inside edge. The pattern was loaded into the plasma cutter and saved for future needs. The 18G steel was a close match so it's a good lookin' reason to always have your shield.

winch guard 15 007.jpgwinch guard 15 016.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks good!! What else are you going to start making?

After seeing what you're doing and given enough time and money, anything we want. I'm just waiting for you to build the scanner/printer for all of us so I can put an NOS part in the scanner side here....and you can run to the garage to get the part out of your parts printer.

I wonder how much longer we'll wait before NAPA or other progressive parts supplier has the replicating ability?

USMC 00-08

I imagine the days of printed parts is not too far off.

Here is a teaser of what I am working on for the G749's. Getting enough free time on the machine to make several is the hard part right now. If I can't get many made, at least I will have the programs to do so later on.
0501151247.jpg0416151423.jpg0416151032.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks