• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making your own Shc-35 battery pack? This helps!

profo

Heres the connector and sockets for the battery pack you can get from Mouser electronics 538-36648-0006 and 538-02-08-1004, I will make a drawing of what wire goes where later but if you open the lid on heater you can see it pretty easy, there is a grayish/white which is pos of battery one, and green which is neg of battery one, the red which is pos of battery 2 and black which is neg of battery 2. I used two 7ah 12 vdc battery like that goes on deer feeders kids cars etc., And you put a 5.1k ohm , 1 watt resistor accross the lil blue wires(this fools the heater thinking its warm and not needing the battery heater which I dont use. so you can make your own pack for about 50 bucks!

Attachments

Deals7

Just packed up my heater, will order the 5.1k ohm , 1 watt resistor and the correct size Molex 9 pin parts set and try again next week.

The batteries I used from Ebay were only $45 shipped (based on this post I looked for
12 Volt - 8 Ah - UB1280 - 8Ah AGM Battery
Seller:
SLA Battery and More
out of Surgarland TX and they shipped lighting fast....!
) and they fit right into the battery tray and the velcro holds them in perfectly, so I would suggest that as a good battery option. I only got a low battery code after using them over and over for a couple hours, then charged them and the code went away so they seem to work good for $45 for the pair including shipping.

Thanks for all your help, especially you Third From Texas and PROFO

Scott-