• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Man !!! what a difference.

rod

For the last year or so I have ben driving my M1009 around with out the dash pad or the door weather striping. It was so loud, about the only way you could stand is was to open the windows so the loudness didn't echo inside the cab. Almost went to earplugs for anything over a few minutes.

In the last day or so I have installed a new dash pad and reinstalled the weather stripping around the doors. When for a drive this afternoon and I was amazed hat how "quite" the blazer was. I could actually hear myself think without the echos.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto but did mine yesterday. Waiting to LINE-X the interior before installing the weather stripping though. I'm already half deaf though.

HUH?, What was that honey? It's bind to the red?? WHAT??? Oh, it's time for bed. OK.

Later

Sarge

CUCV parts

Help!
Save me a bunch of research!
Where did you buy your new dash pad and weatherstripping?
How much did you pay?
You wouldn't happen to know the part numbers, would you?
-Sarge
(extremely lazy Sarge today)

AJMBLAZER

RE: CUCV parts

I got my door weatherstripping from JCWhitney. Had to call as their site was confusing. Turned out to be a decent bit cheaper than LMC truck's equivalent.

AJMBLAZER

Lemme go dig around in my file...

...just over a year ago I paid $44.97 delivered for two 811533 (JCWhitney's catalog number) door weatherstrips. Off the top of my head I think that was $10 cheaper than anywhere else I found.

AJMBLAZER

They went right in and were almost too big. Takes a bit of effort to actually shut the doors correctly now. After a year they're still in great shape. I can take it through a high pressure car wash and not worry about them leaking.

The vent windows however...

AJMBLAZER

I just don't worry about mine. I figure at some point I'll remove them entirely and fix some plexiglass/speedglass or something in their place. I never use them and they only leak now when under a torrential downpour or in the car wash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks