• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manage Attachments gone from PM and Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesco

I don't see the dialog box any long for attaching pictures in PM's or Emails? Has this option been eliminated? I use Chrome as a browser, but also tried in Firefox and still nothing???? I go to ADVANCED and the dialog box for Manage Attachments doesn't come up any longer.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it has been eliminated .

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has something to do with when Patracy installed the new software. I don't think it's compatible with the new site.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It has something to do with when Patracy installed the new software. I don't think it's compatible with the new site.
That is not exactly why, has nothing to do with compatible.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not answering officially as I do not know, but the software to allow attachments in PM's was what they call a hack or add on. The more hacks and add on's that you add to a piece of software the more chance you have for issues and problems. So while this is kind of a pain... if it helps the stability of the site then I am all for it.

Another Ahab

I am not answering officially as I do not know, but the software to allow attachments in PM's was what they call a hack or add on. The more hacks and add on's that you add to a piece of software the more chance you have for issues and problems. So while this is kind of a pain... if it helps the stability of the site then I am all for it.
You bet. No complaint from here at all. I was just curious.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It was removed when we learned that someone was using the attachment system to send financial information to other members.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, one person ruined it for all of us.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, one person ruined it for all of us.
I had a long reply typed, but honestly I got into the specifics too deep and provided too much info.

It was one person that brought it to light. But the main reason was due to the number of security concerns we realized.

The attachment system is "dumb" really. Sure I can exclude .exe files and other such things. But the system has no means to filter what is actually in a image/pdf/word doc/exc.

joesco

Thanks for the explanation, but if in fact one person ruined it for all than that person should have been banned. I really don't understand the world we live in, any longer. It seems everywhere you go society feels that it is politically correct to punish the masses versus singling the individual(s). I see this happening everywhere, the workplace, school, sports, social events, etc. It's sad!

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the explanation, but if in fact one person ruined it for all than that person should have been banned. I really don't understand the world we live in, any longer. It seems everywhere you go society feels that it is politically correct to punish the masses versus singling the individual(s). I see this happening everywhere, the workplace, school, sports, social events, etc. It's sad!
Sorry, I can't ban someone for an honest, albeit not smart, mistake.

That said, the other risks I outlined are the main reason its gone.

Everyone here has email accounts, please use that as a means to exchange files if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.