• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MANAGE YOUR CLASSIFIED ADs

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Manage Your Classifieds

Guy a few suggestion to manage your classified ads
1----Highlight your PRICE so it stands out, reading though the ad description, sometimes it is hard to pick out the price in a bunch of print. If I had trouble so will others.
2----When your item sells, please delete the thread, if the item is part of a multi item ad, then please mark the items SOLD
3----Please answer your Pms, don't post a ad then disappear.
4----Manage your ads, Keep your eye on your ad, if you have to, subscribe to your own ad, so you can see activity with your ad, this way you can answer questions, ect.
5----NO hitch hiking on ads, start your on ad, DO NOT ad on to someone else's ad, there are a lot of reasons for this.
6----PRICE and LOCATION MUST be in your for sale ad.
7----NO double ads.
8----NO for sale ads in the open forum.
9----NO want ads in the open forum.

REMEMBER, Ads need proper management, or users may have their ads removed and or, their ability to post ads restricted.

If you have any problems with the classifieds, please let me know if I can help, I'll do what I can.
Ron, JR., JR., JR. CLASSIFIEDS MOD

Last edited:

RealCavDog

All great ideas ! I did add on to an ad, but it was a "Vehicle Wanted" !

It is very hard to find the . . .#K . . .type pricing mixed in to an ad ! If you want to sell it, price it BOLDLY !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron (73m819) is our classifieds forum moderator.

He is doing a thankless, time consuming and much needed task to keep our classifieds forum running smoothly.

Thank you, for your help Ron!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just bumping to top so we can keep things running smootly

REMEMBER, If you want someome to buy your item, thay HAVE to see your price, A lot WILL NOT search for it.

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making item, price and location standard for the title would be great. I can't be the only one that usually looks at location first and price second.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Making item, price and location standard for the title would be great. I can't be the only one that usually looks at location first and price second.
Location is under the avatar, if different then this one it should be stated in ad, if not let me know and it will be.

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I meant in the thread title so as you scroll thru the forum you see items, locations and prices without going into the ad thread. Like the one shown here. That's what a good title looks like in my world. No problem though, just a suggestion.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A good suggestion, If sellers want to fine, it would help sell there item, but can't see making it a requirement

3dAngus

Not always enough room in the title

I put in a software change request to patracy to make price and location a required field and he said it was already on the list for improvements.

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron,

I made the same suggestion about putting location in the add bar about two months ago. I understand what you are saying but seeing the location without going to the actual add would be a super time saver.

We had much discussion about Classifieds in the "New Posts" and it was included to satisfy members. How about giving an accommodation on this one.

Finally, thanks for your effort.

TWM

storeman

If location and price are included in the title, can it be made possible to modify the title if one desires to change the price? If not, it would appear to be a disincentive to posting that info in the title. 2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If location and price are included in the title, can it be made possible to modify the title if one desires to change the price? If not, it would appear to be a disincentive to posting that info in the title. 2cents
All you would have to do is delete ad and re-post new ad , it can all be done by copying and pasting .

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
All you would have to do is delete ad and re-post new ad , it can all be done by copying and pasting .
The problem with this is that the ad may have a page or so of discussion, questions, ect., or may have more then one item, so changing the price would be better then dumping the whole ad/thread

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with this is that the ad may have a page or so of discussion, questions, ect., or may have more then one item, so changing the price would be better then dumping the whole ad/thread

Not many people put the price in the title . If they would start the ad withsomething like this they could edit as needed .

Brief description ; name of whats for sale
Location ; city , state
Price ; $xxx

Then give detailed description and terms and whatever else down here.

It is really on the poster to post a ad that is easy to edit and easy for potential users to use , there is only so much the site can offer .

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not many people put the price in the title . If they would start the ad withsomething like this they could edit as needed .

Brief description ; name of whats for sale
Location ; city , state
Price ; $xxx

Then give detailed description and terms and whatever else down here.

It is really on the poster to post a ad that is easy to edit and easy for potential users to use , there is only so much the site can offer .
I like PORKYS FORMAT, in fact that is a good name for it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks