• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manhattan Kansas GSA yard lately! Tomarrow?

Duce

I'm looking at a 715 on GSA that ends tomarrow and was told at 715 zone that several members here visit these yards often. I'm wanting to know the shape of the body and frames general comDishion of trucks by someone that knows what to look for. Thanks for Any and all help

KsM715

Wish I could help but I haven't been there in months and when I was the 715's werent up for auction so I didn't look them over. I've got enough projects I cant temp my self with any more.

91W350

They usually bring twice what.deuces do there. I wish I had a little more notice, I would have taken today off and run over there. Glen

Duce

What did u think about them both. I'm currently winning on he hard top bout an hour or so to go but if that dosent work the soft top closes 40 min later. How r the frames and bodies? General condition. I'm new to all this. And thanks for all the imput and offers. I'm hoping to build a sharp 715 in my sons memory. On oct 7 th 4 years ago he was killed by a 19 year old that ran a red light in a3/4 chevy t boning us at 60 mph hiting on his side. He was 16 months old.My daughter is 9 but thinking along the lines of a bob Duce for her first vehical. Should b safe in that! Thanks again sure I'll b asking all kinds of questions. Reading archives for now

91W350

I have Friday and Saturday off if I can be of any help. Been a while since I was in the 715 world. It used to be next to impossible to find a good tail gate, did you get one? I may know where there is one, I also think I know of a good original engine. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA is not open on saturdays

I have been seeing them go for $1500-$2500 lately.

Last edited:

Duce

Thanks for the offer Glenn might ake u up on that. Was planing on having my cousin pull it home on the goose neck but he is an iron worker and just got call back to work he will take off but I don't want to ask him to. I just get it my self but I don't have a gooseneck hitch in my 250 yet. And my bumper pull car haller has a bent spendal. Anyone know where I can rent a bumper pull trailer big enought? Also from the Picts it has no tailgate. But anything else I buy for it needs to b cheep for a while. Low on funds. Money was earmarked for work on house but, I thought the truck looked pretty good well just couldn't help myself.

91W350

I do not have a trailer wide enough for a M715. Flat towing will not work with a military bar as the front shackles go through the bumper and I do not have the axle chains. Besides, I am not sure you want to flat tow it, probably had 1967 tires on it still, most of them seem to. Be glad to some over and help push it or winch it up on the trailer. I will check on that tailgate. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at a 715 on GSA that ends tomarrow and was told at 715 zone that several members here visit these yards often.
Just for future reference, on this site we are not allowed to talk about any currently open or up coming auctions.

It is the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Or changed over the years.

This is a privately owned site and the owner has set the rules.

Duce

Just for future reference, on this site we are not allowed to talk about any currently open or up coming auctions.

It is the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Or changed over the years.

This is a privately owned site and the owner has set the rules.
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to know that she runs. Can't wait to come get her.

KsM715

I do not have a trailer wide enough for a M715. Flat towing will not work with a military bar as the front shackles go through the bumper and I do not have the axle chains. Besides, I am not sure you want to flat tow it, probably had 1967 tires on it still, most of them seem to. Be glad to some over and help push it or winch it up on the trailer. I will check on that tailgate. Glen

Ive got axle clamps, both single chain and double chain if needed. Im off friday also. Oh I have 2 spare tires on rims, but they may also be 1967 vintage.

Duce

Thanks for the offers. Ended up leaving to come get her yesterday. Cousin had taken off work anyway. Had a few hiccups on the way out. Old tires on the goose. Blew one changed then hunting for a local for a new spare open after 7. Light probs on way out as well (re wired while waiting on tire shop. Good to go and out here now.saw truck last night looked good. Will b there when they open today. Ps saw my bed bug doing my hotel sheet check. Had to google pict matched bug. Was in and out quick. Drove down the road to a diff one. Watch where u stay.