• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manifold (heater) Destiny

coolnick73

I was attempting to start my deuce this morning and I thought that it would be handy to be able to use my manifold heater rather than jump out of the cab, run around the truck, spray some either, run back to the cab, and try to start the engine, repeat if needed.

I searched through a bunch of the manifold heater threads and thought I would start out with seeing if the spark plug was gummed up. I took it out and when I flipped it over a bunch of ceramic pieces poured out of the plug's top. I tried looking for a replacement online and and a local NAPA to no avail.

It says it is an AUTOLITE 2189 10935558

Does anyone know where I could get a new one?

Any help would be great

Attachments

Flyingvan911

My deuce also needs some help when it gets into the low 40's. Check your oil level often. A stuck heater nozzle will let fuel into the crankcase. The usual places like Memphis
Equipment should have an igniter. I just use a tiny shot of starting fluid in the mushroom cap.

91W350

My old 72 would kick right off down to about 0 degrees, I hope this 68 or 71 are the same way. I really liked the way it started right off, no matter how cold it seemed to be around here. The 68 has been converted to ether injection, hopefully I do not have an ether baby. Glen

coolnick73

Any military spark plug would work ya know....... Auto lite makes them for about 8 bucks a pop. Heat range really does not matter.
I just bought one online for a M715 so I hope it works.

Why does it seem like every time I take a wrench to my deuce, my wallet gets lighter? Maybe it is trying to tell me something.

rolling18

i need one too! sources??:shock:

I was attempting to start my deuce this morning and I thought that it would be handy to be able to use my manifold heater rather than jump out of the cab, run around the truck, spray some either, run back to the cab, and try to start the engine, repeat if needed.

I searched through a bunch of the manifold heater threads and thought I would start out with seeing if the spark plug was gummed up. I took it out and when I flipped it over a bunch of ceramic pieces poured out of the plug's top. I tried looking for a replacement online and and a local NAPA to no avail.

It says it is an AUTOLITE 2189 10935558

Does anyone know where I could get a new one?

Any help would be great

rolling18

how can I communicate that to the counter woman who ONLY looks on her computer?
Of course its not going to list a 1971 m35a2 lol DUHH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks