• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Glow Plug Problems

gt1009

So I just put a manual glow plug switch into my truck, but when I turn the key the wait light still comes on just like before.
I cut the light blue wire coming from the controller, wired the end that goes into the contoler into the switch, grounded the other side of the switch, and then left the other end of the light blue wire hanging there with tape around it. Did I have to do something else, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the help,

ida34

You have only cut the output of the module. It is still functioning and the only thing it is not doing is tripping the solenoid. The light is still wired to the module. The light is not wired to show when the glow plugs are active. It is for the module telling you it is ok to start the truck. Most of the time the glow plugs are still active for a few seconds after the start. You did nothing wrong and can use the light to tell you when to let go of the button.

gt1009

Fixed it
I had hooked up the wrong end of the light blue wire to my switch aua
For further reference, the end that goes to the solenoid hooks to the switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks