• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Glowplug issues

joshbullock

Help!

I tried to do a manual glowplug switch, yesterday. Now, my m1009 is dead in the water. The information I read, instructed me to put a momentary switch between the top terminal and the next terminal down. This relay is on the firewall, to the right of the brake, master cylinder.

After wiring and installing switch and trying to use the new setup. Apparently, the relay I wired to us fried. When ignition switch is on, not cranking. I ha ave no dash lights. Engine will turn over but never starts.

MarcusOReallyus

Where did you see those instructions? :shrugs:

The correct way is to wire a momentary switch to the 3rd terminal from the top. I has a light blue wire leading from there to (eventually) the glow plug card. The other side of the switch goes to ground.

Time to replace your relay, methinks.

Here are the correct instructions on the switch.

Assel

Thats the first thing to check on any vehicle if something doesnt work, check the fuses. You should aswell carry some spares with you.

Hope you dont have any issues left now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks