• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

manual hydraulic cab tilt help

ryanrober

I am working on a non running 1997 M1078. I am trying to get the tab to tilt. It has no air, so air over hydraulic won't run. I am trying to use the manual pump, but it does not seem to work. I can see the "safety pin" is disengaging , but the cab just surges up a 1/2 inch and then settles back Down. I tried the spare tire and it does the same. It seems the system is not generating pressure. any help? I did check the hydraulic oil, and it has plenty.

dmetalmiki

I am not familiar with the system, but if air pressure operates (with hydraulic?) Then use a compressor and pump up the system through the glad hand, or a fitting (you can put) at the base of the air tank.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Check and make sure all the lines are on and not kinked anywhere. If it's a winch truck and you checked the hyd reservoir, that's not the cab and spare tire one, it's up on top behind the cab black box. The hand pump is the fail safe. It's hard to tell but there is a small line on the dipstick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks