• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual hydraulic pump rebuild

brianhk91

I rebuilt mine about 2 years ago due to leakage around the pump shaft, but it still pumped fine until it ran out of fluid. Being yours doesn't pump it could be as simple as cleaning it up since the ball bearing check valves have to be clean to seal. All I did was replace o rings using a generic buna-n o ring kit. The pump is an SPX power packer. I attached a diagram that I found helpful.
View attachment 744418

Ronmar

I rebuilt mine about 2 years ago due to leakage around the pump shaft, but it still pumped fine until it ran out of fluid. Being yours doesn't pump it could be as simple as cleaning it up since the ball bearing check valves have to be clean to seal. All I did was replace o rings using a generic buna-n o ring kit. The pump is an SPX power packer. I attached a diagram that I found helpful.
View attachment 744418
when I tried to look at your attachment, I got an "invalid attachment specified" fault...

Keith_J

Look for corrosion on the piston. The chrome plating is thin and soft. And it traps corrosive rain water, salt and trash.

brianhk91

Newbie mistake here....I tried to attach a pdf earlier (no can do). I converted the document to a JPG but it lost the text that labels the parts in the process. Thanks Ronmar for letting me know the attachment failed. You can google "Installation and Service Manual Hydraulic Cab Tilt System" and it will get you the whole document. Some details can be different between military and the commercial system like reservoir size, operating pressure, and etc,
In

Manual Pump.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks