• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Override of Glow Plug Controller

springer1981

ok course. But for the price difference it would better to get the new. Only God knows how much time is left on a used PCB and if it goes out 6 months from now then I would be spending more money.
I'm curious, why do you think it is used? It doesn't say used. I doubt anyone has 31 used KDS S3 boxes kicking around. Their website "about us" seems to indicate "Mac Motors distributed parts for AM General since 1980 and has been serving all branches of the U. S. Military ever since. Emerging from a small parts room then to a large warehouse distributor today,"

shawnshumvee

I'm curious, why do you think it is used? It doesn't say used. I doubt anyone has 31 used KDS S3 boxes kicking around. Their website "about us" seems to indicate "Mac Motors distributed parts for AM General since 1980 and has been serving all branches of the U. S. Military ever since. Emerging from a small parts room then to a large warehouse distributor today,"
Correct! Mac Motors doesn’t say it’s “new”or “used” so I’m forced to make an assumption. I’m just a Leyman when it comes to things like this, but my knowledge on the Humvee is rapidly growing. I mean I don’t know there history, I’m just a civilian customer who likes to know what he’s buying. And given the poor item description I would have said it’s a 50% chance I could be right? But now after you have kindly gave me a brief history of this company, I also have a 50% chance it’s new? You see where I’m going with this? I’m just saying, It would be most helpful for a more detailed item description. What’s wrong with putting the words “new” in the description? Moreover, I do know the box from Eric’s is new! And I know it is unused. How do i know this? Because It clearly say so. It says Factoy/new unused right in their (veryj detailed item description. I don’t know but from my view point the box from Mac looked used, and once again it may not be but to me it looked like it? unless it’s a very horrible stock photo because the box looks a little rough and apparently there is a discolored decal on it or some different decal. It just seems to be a little bit different than the one Erick’s has. That was my assumption and my opinion. That’s all. But a better item description would avoid stuff like this. Make no mistake about it, if the box is the KDS (s3) and is new (which it probably is) I would probably purchase it from them I have no problem with that. Hope this helps with you Curiosity.

8F3CB6B6-A87F-4B8E-9A67-30F4F7AAD325.jpg65682E51-1C3B-4D6E-8FE2-2A49D70E90E0.jpg88991041-0379-464B-B697-F47B3AD9CA00.jpg

springer1981

Earlier today the quantity was 31. I noticed it was down by 15 later in the day. Maybe someone saw my post and stocked up on them to resell for a profit? I just purchased a later model Steering wheel from Mac Motors today. It was my first purchase I have made from the company. The stock early steering wheel is a hard green plastic. The later model was a darker thicker wheel with more cushion on it. Better grip and feel for the hands. I have been contemplating purchasing one and the least expensive one I could find was $150 including shipping. I found the same steering wheel today while browsing their site. With shipping it came to $119. Seems like they just have good pricing on what they have in stock. Or maybe others are just getting a chance to gouge now that more Humvee's are in the hands of the public and parts are in higher demand. Who knows.

I'm actually temped to buy one of the S3 controllers just because.

shawnshumvee

Earlier today the quantity was 31. I noticed it was down by 15 later in the day. Maybe someone saw my post and stocked up on them to resell for a profit? I just purchased a later model Steering wheel from Mac Motors today. It was my first purchase I have made from the company. The stock early steering wheel is a hard green plastic. The later model was a darker thicker wheel with more cushion on it. Better grip and feel for the hands. I have been contemplating purchasing one and the least expensive one I could find was $150 including shipping. I found the same steering wheel today while browsing their site. With shipping it came to $119. Seems like they just have good pricing on what they have in stock. Or maybe others are just getting a chance to gouge now that more Humvee's are in the hands of the public and parts are in higher demand. Who knows.

I'm actually temped to buy one of the S3 controllers just because.
Thats good, that’s my next upgrade is a black steering wheel.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been buying from mac for years....never seen them sell used parts....They are a good place.

shawnshumvee

Been buying from mac for years....never seen them sell used parts....They are a good place.
well there you go! Mac mortars don’t sell used parts. So that’s where I’m going, it’s the most logical move. Unless Ericks does price matching? Kidding! Boy i’m glad thats over.
Thanks

McSpeed

Somebody really should make a jump pack harness that can be hooked to a jump pack in a pinch, activated...and used to start a truck that has some problem in the controller portion (wouldn't do anything of course for bad GPs).

Would be handy to keep on-board or pass around from truck to truck.

shawnshumvee

Somebody really should make a jump pack harness that can be hooked to a jump pack in a pinch, activated...and used to start a truck that has some problem in the controller portion (wouldn't do anything of course for bad GPs).

Would be handy to keep on-board or pass around from truck to truck.[/QUOTE

i total agree. That would be a handy tool.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

So, here’s an update. I lost power to my glow plugs as I have mentioned in previous post, but I was able to start the engine and I also noticed that my volt gauge doesn’t come out of the yellow and I’m averaging 24 volts and it goes down from there the longer I drive. My question is this, since I lost power coming out of the PCB box to the glow plugs is that also the issue with my charging system or is it pure coincidence that they both went out

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks