• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

manual tire inflate for air transport M1078A1

engele

Hi guys,

my LMTV is little to high with the shelter for my "garage".
I saw in the manual to inflate the tires turn the srew from the valve at the rim and push HWY and RUNFLAT togehter.

I have this screw only at the front right and left back rim. If i turn the screw the tires inflate, but only this two, not all four.

Is there are difference from A0 and A1? I have only the A0 manual.

Does anybody know something about that?

Best regards Alex

dalej

If your going lower it just to get it in the shed, then let air out of the front two tires manually until it fits. Un-hook the CTIS. Or better yet use the hydraulics to lower the cab down. It will stay there until it comes out of the shed and you unhook the chains.

Last edited:

DSD277

To lower the truck, the combination of opening the kneeling valves on the front tires, compressing the front axle and lowering the cab will reduce the overall height from 112" to 105 1/2".
Be sure to lock the cab down. I've been goosed a few times by the cab raising unexpectedly.:shock:

To re-inflate, press the hi way and runflat buttons, this put the CTIS into emergency override mode and re-inflate all the tires.
The system will see the different tire pressures and go into fault mode (all lights flashing) and shutdown otherwise.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks