• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manuals needed for Ingersoll Rand MC 2A air compressor.

goldneagle

Well I have some good news, I got the fuel pump from NAPA along with the proper fittings to reconnect the fuel system. I added Diesel to the tank and tried to fire it up. It started at first and ran for 30 seconds then died. I was unable to get it to run again. I used the bypass switch to run the fuel pump and fill up the lines with Diesel, but was not able to get the fuel past the IP. Took the top off the IP cleaned it and replaced it. Took the Injector out and opened it up. Cleaned it out and replaced it. It took me 4 hours to troubleshoot and clean before the engine came to life again.

When I first ran the engine we got some pressure to build up in the air tank but then it started to drop. Further trouble shooting determined that the oil cooler fan had not come on and the oil system was very hot to the touch. I tested the fan and it worked fine running off the battery directly. I removed the connections from the oil temp. sensor and bypassed it in the circuit. Fan comes on as soon as t he master power switch is turned on.

I restarted the engine and was able to get 150 psi continuously! I figured out how to run the controls using the startup instructions printed on the inside of the cover. For now I am going to leave the temp. sensor out of the circuit since it doesn't effect performance. Trying to find a replacement without the spec's on it is almost impossible. I would not know what temperature the switch should turn the fan on. I may just add a SPST switch to the panel so I can turn the fan on after the engine is running instead of it using up battery voltage while I am trying to crank up the engine!

I also need to replace the air /water separator filter that is clogged with oil and water mixed. i could not find one at NAPA that was rated 25 microns and 200PSI. The NAPA filter was not a cross match, but the same size with 12 microns but had no PSI rating. I decided not to use it since I do not know what kind of pressure it can take! 200 PSI would make quite a bang if the filter let go! I will call a manufacturer that I was able to find on the internet that supposedly carries that spec. filter.

I am also planning on modifying the output of the compressor into a manifold so I can connect a larger diameter hose to the unit to run my 1" impact gun. The current hose reel attached tot the trailer looks to be only 1/4" or 3/8" at the most. i need 1/2" hose to feed the 1" impact gun properly. I have already found a manifold on Ebay and may purchase it for the modification. i amy also add some external regulators to the mod. so I can run tools at different PSIs at the same time.

I will post some updates later.

Here is a link to a compressor just like mine in action:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3AbfenD1vU[/media]

Last edited:

Verkstad

Rather than a toggle switch,
And if it turns out you can't get a proper thermostat switch
You might go one better and install a timer relay to the circuit.
The fan would just come on at a set time after the machine is up and running and you don't forget to switch on the fan.

Good luck, That seems to be a nice compressor.
Jakob

captcws

Did you ever find the manual for the MC2A you were looking for?

I bought a unit two days ago and need one also, unless you can help me with identifying the fuel and oil filter numbers for the screw on type for each/ Also mine doesn't have a air water seperator on it, wondering if I can by pass and go direct?

Thanks,

Carl
404-259-7124

JILY

Has anyone been successful in finding the manual for the MC2A?
I too have one for which I need a manual.

Thanks

captcws

Has anyone been successful in finding the manual for the MC2A?
I too have one for which I need a manual.

Thanks
I believe I have located a complete CD manual for this compressor with part numbers.

If interested please contact me at 404-259-7124 and I can provide the info to you.

Thanks,

Carl Stapleton
:razz:

JILY

captcws download the manual from the link above (post #13). I could also email a copy (over 12 MB) if you send me a message.

captcws

I already have the cd disk and have copied the appropriate pages with the part number numbers for the filters but I am having no luck finding the cross over numbers for any of the filters with normal means.
If you have those for the fuel,oil, oil/water, air/water separators I would appreciate getting them from you.

captcws download the manual from the link above (post #13). I could also email a copy (over 12 MB) if you send me a message.

JILY

Here is what I have installed I hope it helps.
Engine: Fram PH46
Fuel: Baldwin BF586-D
Water absorbing filter (this is a spin on where the outlet goes to the instrument panel): Fluitek 2957
Compressor oil (hydraulic filter): Fram P1653A

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just won one in Ft. Meade. Can you help out with start up info, and parts manual or operating manual. Or what you have learned!!
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks