• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manufacture name on data plate does not match GL invoice

mrgerke81

I purchased a M35a2 from GL last month. The data plate says manufacture is Jeep Kaiser and the invoice I got says AM General. This personally does not bother me. The only problem I am concerned about is in NC I have to have the vehicle inspected by a DMV enforcement officer. I am worried they will kick out my application for a title when they see the different manufacture names. Can anyone give me any ideas on what I should do. My first thought is to hope they do not notice, however I am skeptical of that approach. Thank you for help on advice.

FrankUSMC

When you submit your paper work for the SF97 to GL, put Kaiser on the SF97 requist form. The inspector will be looking at the SF 97 paper work, not the invoice you got from GL.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

CGarbee

Frank has got it right... That's one of the reasons GL gives for having you send in the SF97 application for them to verify instead of them just giving you one... It gives you a chance to ensure that the SF97 has the correct manufacturer on it.
The LEO who will be looking at your rig will look at the SF97, the reasignment from GL to you, and your truck, with the form he gives you, and a title application along with the SF97 and you reasignment, you'll be set.

Post some photos when you get a chance. It's a really nice rig.