• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

March 2018 Southern California Rally

Rich Johnson

21-25 March.
This is going to be awesome. Hosted by the SCMVCC near Palmdale. Its going to be very similar to the Nor Cal Tower Park Rally.
4 days of camping and swapmeeting and cruising in the MVs. If you live in SoCal you don't want to miss this one.
Here is the site, http://scmvcc.com/id13.html

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Nice to finally have a Tower Park style event that isn't a 400+ mile drive each way for me... We've had some fun events in So Cal but what is generally lacking is the vendors, and everyone else bringing their stuff to sell and trade. The weather should be perfect that time of year too.

Jon

Rich Johnson

IF you guys want to go you should review the map and pick out a spot. We just went live today. Several of the vendors have given me a tentative yes they will show up if we planned this event. They should start appearing on the registration soon.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone been in contact with the camp ground? ACTON got slammed with several summer rain storms that tore up the area.

Rich Johnson

As organizer of the event I am in contact with them every week.
things are fine and the meet isnt until late March. Even if it there was storm damage they have plenty of time to fix things.

Rich Johnson

We need more camper signups.
remember only a handful of day seller spots are available for swapmeeting. This tyoe of meet is camping and swapmeeting all day from your campsite.

owensexport

Owens Export - Militaryjeep.com will be there!!
Look for Lou Bircheff and Dave Walker also.

Any other vendors who are registered please give a shout out

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Very nice! My MV hobby has been back-burnered by some of my other hobbies for a few years, and I just heard about this meet. I'm not interested in camping out, but do y'all expect that there will be enough activity remaining on the final Saturday to justify visiting for a few hours? I'll be burning most of my vacation days about a month later for the annual Military Radio Collectors Group meet up in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Luvrv8

Since I am a member of Thousand Trails I was able to get a cabin. Don’t have a truck but looking. Hope to meet some contacts there

Last edited:

owensexport

Hey Mark, hope to see you there!!
Saturday AM would probably be your last opportunity to score some stuff.
I will be pulling out Saturday Afternoon.

Very nice! My MV hobby has been back-burnered by some of my other hobbies for a few years, and I just heard about this meet. I'm not interested in camping out, but do y'all expect that there will be enough activity remaining on the final Saturday to justify visiting for a few hours? I'll be burning most of my vacation days about a month later for the annual Military Radio Collectors Group meet up in San Luis Obispo, CA.

papakb

Steve and Mark,

Glen and I will be heading down on Thursday. I have boards for Mark and questions for Steve. See ya there.

Kurt

Luvrv8

Due to me not getting time to repair my deuce I won’t be staying, I cancelled my cabin. I will be driving in Friday to meet you guys though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks