• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine Corps Logistics Station, Barstow CA

jpinst

Looking for members who have been to MCLS Barstow,

Does anybody know if one could get into the DRMO/GL area to view some things with a valid, current mil ID?

Seems the lot manager is MIA with a full mailbox…..looking for a workaround

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We picked up a M925A2 there last week.
You can get on the base with a ID, but you will need to make appointment with the GL people to preview items.

Terracoma

Seems the lot manager is MIA with a full mailbox…..looking for a workaround
Casey was really, really, really busy when I was trying to reach her two weeks back for a loadout, and judging by the number of lots that continue to pop up at all of the "Barstow" locations on GovLiq, I doubt that things have quieted down much out there.

I left several messages for her during that time to no avail. My advice is to keep calling until you get through to her directly. I got lucky and caught her at her desk between 1100 and 1200 PST one day. Not sure what time they start in the morning, but early might be a good bet as well.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

When we were there they were very busy. Lots of items on there lots.
Just keep trying.

FYI, Her name in Tacey, I pickup one of her cards last week. I was calling her Tracy.:oops:

Truckoholic

I sure hope when I get my paid in full invoice on my M925a1 this week, that I have some chance of getting a pickup appointment this Friday. Sounds like that might be difficult! I will be pissed if I have to wait til next Friday! I am hoping Friday works for them too because that is the only day that really works for me!

markmontana

I'd bet that if you offer to bring in donuts or something for everyone in the office- she would give you priority. As for my pick-up, it was totally inconvenient and difficult. But I expect that and am seldom disappointed :shock:

Truckoholic

When you live your whole life with a od name, you get used to being called all kinds of stuff, and you just answer to everything close. ha ha.

My first name is LaRell, and people have a really hard time with that one. Usually if they hear my name, and I am not present, they think it is a girls name and pronounce it Laurel or something. When I was a kid, I was in a bowling league, and I got a trophy with a girl bowler on top of it. They were so embarassed when they realized I was not a girl, so they switched it for me. I get called all kinds of things like Tyrell, Terrell, and Laryl. So I'm sure Tacey just goes with it. ha ha

Truckoholic

Well, I got my paid in full invoice today, so I called to set up an appointment...... Was told the earliest available appointment was June 22nd!!! HOLY CRAP! That really sucks! As if I haven't already been waiting long enough!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got my paid in full invoice today, so I called to set up an appointment...... Was told the earliest available appointment was June 22nd!!! HOLY CRAP! That really sucks! As if I haven't already been waiting long enough!

Well, That sucks!! I was thinking it would be long see how busy they were last week. Seem like they could add more people.

Good luck with the recovery!! and safe one!

:beer:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats weird is that its not like they have to devote a lot of time to you. My interactions with GL personnel at Barstow has been a combined 10 minutes across half a dozen visits, probably.

Truckoholic

Whats weird is that its not like they have to devote a lot of time to you. My interactions with GL personnel at Barstow has been a combined 10 minutes across half a dozen visits, probably.
That is exactly what has me so confused! I could understand if it was a load of scrap metal that they had to help you load, or a 747 they have to witness you mutilate, but an M925A1 that runs, that they do not need to help me with, nor WILL they even help me with? Why the heck can't I just go out there, load up my truck, have them sign off the paper work and send me on my way? Totally ridiculous! If they are trying to get the government back some of the $75,000 they spent on this truck, they darn well should make it easier for people like me to get them!

But rather than complain and cause problems for others trying to buy these trucks in the future, I just shut my mouth and take it:)

jpinst

I finally go hold of Tacy on Wednesday and the earliest she could let me in for a view was Monday.

I do have one question though. Don't you only have 10 days after your invoice in paid in full to pick up your stuff? What happens if they give you a pickup date beyond that?

Last edited:

Truckoholic

I finally go hold of Tacy on Wednesday and the earliest she could let me in for a view was Monday.

I do have one question though. Don't you only have 10 days after your invoice in paid in full to pick up your stuff? What happens if they give you a pickup date beyond that?

I figure that's THEIR problem. If they wanted it out of there within 10 days, they would give you a sooner date. I think the 10 day rule is just their way of keeping people from taking months to arrange a pickup. Having sold many vehicles myself, I know how people can be with that. They tell me they want to buy my vehicle, and then 3 months later it is finally paid for and out of my driveway.

My biggest concern is people stealing parts off of my truck! The longer it sits there, the more likely that is to happen, and it happens all the time!

SMOKEWAGON66

Dont worry about that 10 day stuff...if they give you a load out date after your 10 days because they are swamped it does NOT go against you. When I got my Deuce back in oct 10, it was almost 20 some odd days after the 10 day thing...I asked the GL guy and he said thats just a standard rule they have so that if they get dead beats who dont call or show they can reclaim the euipment. If you are in contact, with a date they give you, and show up on time, your golden. Sucks having to wait, but Barstow is so busy that there is nothing we can do about it...just be happy you get to get your stuff at all LOL....oh and LaRell, Id still love to see you 5 ton when you get it....just let me know when you come back through and Ill buy you a cup of coffee at the Loves truck stop [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks