• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

marker lights dont work

redrocket78

I bought my Deuce a few months ago. When I bought it everything worked fine. Randomly the front running lights stopped working whether the head lamps were on or not. However the turn signals do work. I have been prodding around with my volt meter and found that most of the lamps are 12 volt and the black out markers are 24 volt systems which kinda makes me think the problem is in or near the switch. I also have yet to find a fuse panel on my truck. Any help or ideas of places to start would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Chad.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to start is with the basic operators manual, TM9-2320-361-10

It will explain the light switch functions(front parking lamps do not stay on when the headlights are on), and many other things you need to know.

Only one fuse on a Deuce.

Last edited:

Bill W

There's 2 ( thermal ) breakers on a deuce, one is on the firewall in the engine comp ( horn ) and the other is in the light switch.
If it's the front park lights that your talking about, they don't come on with the headlights ( as mentioned)

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead nailed it as usual. Park lights on the front only work when you have the left triswitch toggle in PARK. There's a rather easy fix to get your front park lights to be on when the headlights are on though.

Get yourself some connector kits( Rubber Shell Connectors (qty 10) MS27144-1) and two Y connectors(Rubber Shell "Y" Connector MS27147-1) from www.EriksMilitarysurplus.com . Make yourself two jumpers.
Disconnect wire 491( shown out of the pic resting by itself on the "shield". Connect wire 469 to your single "port" of the Y connector. Connect your jumpers from the double"port" side of the Y connector to wire 491 and 489. Tuck it all back under the "shield or whatever it's called) Presto, your park lamps are lit whenever you have your headlights on.
Best way to crimp these is use a vise. Get yourself 2 of the 10 packs IMO, took me a few times to get the crimps right. Oh and use 14 gauge wire available at any auto parts store.
Not my idea, passed on by others, works great.

Attachments

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Oh and use 14 gauge wire available at any auto parts store.
Not my idea, passed on by others, works great.
1POM is correct, the auto parts store wire is OK to use, however it should be noted that Erik's and others have the correct Mil-Spec wire. The Mil-Spec wire is very corrosion resistant, much like a good grade of marine application wire. The better quality stuff is always my first choice when doing wiring projects on my Deuce. Just my 2cents.

redrocket78

I was checking voltage at the trailer wiring plug to see which pins were used for left, right, and brakes. I was getting 12 volts there. I didn't check voltage at the light bulbs.

SoundGuy

There's 2 ( thermal ) breakers on a deuce, one is on the firewall in the engine comp ( horn ) and the other is in the light switch.
If it's the front park lights that your talking about, they don't come on with the headlights ( as mentioned)
There is also a fuse on the fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks