• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Markings and star question..

fredrader

Hi All,Elohim and I want to finnish our deuces off with the correct markings etc but we don't have a clue as to what size numbers and letters etc and where they go...I found a site that looks like they have everything we need to do the job but we don't want to order anything untill we are sure we are getting the correct size and style numbers/letters and stars...Any help ??? http://www.militarystencils.com/
Oh and I think we want info on the USMC markings and the ARMY markings for the M35A2's so we can see which one we prefer..Thanks again all.....Fred

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1" is what's used for labeling the tanks, tire pressure and servicing batteries etc.

mangus580

Someplace, I forget where, I have the info on the stars, I think the one on the hood is supposed to fit a 20" circle, and the door is a 16". We used magnetic stars, as that way we can take them off and not get them damaged during hte deuces normal life.

just found my info from last year this time...

Try this link to see what you can find for all your info http://www.armyradio.com/publish/Technical_Bulletin_746-93-1/Technical_Bulletin.htm

Opie

Someone on the forum has converted this manual (TB 746-93-1, "Color and Marking of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment" dated October 1964, Headquarters, Department of the Army) to an Adobe Acrobat file, but my search hasn't turned anything up. I'll forward my copy to SS for addition to the Technical Library but can't claim credit for having done the real leg work.

fredrader

Opie said:
Someone on the forum has converted this manual (TB 746-93-1, "Color and Marking of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment" dated October 1964, Headquarters, Department of the Army) to an Adobe Acrobat file, but my search hasn't turned anything up. I'll forward my copy to SS for addition to the Technical Library but can't claim credit for having done the real leg work.
I found this..

Mechanos said:
McGuyver said:
I'd like to get a copy of the October 1976 version of the TB 43-0209
"COLOR, MARKING, AND CAMOUFLAGE PAINTING OF MILITARY VEHICLES, CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS HANDLING EQUIPMENT"
(Not the common Oct. 1990 version)
I don't suppose someone has an electronic copy of this that I can get? If you even had a hardcopy, I'd buy it off of you.
I don't know if you were ever able to track down that manual you were looking for, but I have not found one from Oct. 1976. The only two I've been able to track down are:

TB 43-0209

[3]COLOR, MARKING AND CAMOUFLAGE PAINTING OF MILITARY VEHICLES, CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, AND MATERIALS HANDLING EQUIPMENT [/3] (October 1990)

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/015165.pdf?CFID=2304022&CFTOKEN=f4ba997ce843aaf9-B007048C-BA97-CDA2-69BBE342290D7005

and

TB 43-0147

[3]COLOR, MARKING AND CAMOUFLAGE PATTERNS USED ON MILITARY EQUIPMENT MANAGED BY USATSARCOM [/3] (December 1975)

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/020133.pdf?CFID=2304022&CFTOKEN=f4ba997ce843aaf9-B007048C-BA97-CDA2-69BBE342290D7005

This is probably what you were refering to..It was in the STICKY in this forum..It might have the info I need in it but looks like a lot of searching...They don't make it quick to find specific info in the TM's but the info is probably there if you can find it..

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
whare can i get tb 43-0209 dated oct.1990, color, marking, camo. painting of military vehicles ect.

MVtrucker

I have one, the only one I've ever seen. You can get it for free by going to the above posted link, or I can sell you a NOS one. Not cheap.

Dieselsmoke

fred rader said:
Oh and I think we want info on the USMC markings and the ARMY markings for the M35A2's so we can see which one we prefer..Thanks again all.....Fred
Marine Corps all the way [:)] [:)] [:)]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have tb 746-93-1 dated oct 1964 color amd marking of military vehicles ect. if anybody is interested

Desert Rat

It's the same pattern as the green camo, but with tan, light brown, dark brown and black. Here's a few of my examples.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks