• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Markings on a 1968 m101a1 Trailer

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: From lowest to highest commands it came from 169th Military Police Company which is under the 118th Military Police Battalion which is under the 43rd Military Police Brigade of Rhode Island Army National Guard.
The 169th roots go way back! From the first link;

"The 169th claims to be one of the oldest units organized in the National Guard of the United States. The basis for this claim being a petition granted by King Charles of England in 1736, at the request of the people in Westerly, Charlestown, and Hopkinton, for an Artillery Company for the defense of the western part of Rhode Island. In 1745 the Company numbered one hundred men and was charged with the defense of the coast. Later that year four Companies were recruited from Westerly and the surrounding area to recapture Port Royal which had been restored to the French after it’s earlier capture. During the American Revolution a Regiment from Westerly saw duty in many of the major battles of the war, one notable incident was a march from Newport, Rhode Island to Virginia completed in twenty-four days. The march was led by General Samuel Ward, later Governor of Rhode Island."

Last edited:

bigbe5678

Hi Yes it looks like it had a generator Wow What a history.... I p/u this trailor for GL in New Castle Del I wonder how it got so far south. Thanks again for the write up You guys are great

Bad Pumpkin

Hi Everyone, I picked up a M101A3 in update Vermont last week. It has the following stenciled markings- USMC 585596 MI2320. I figure its a US Marine trailer but wondering what the other info means. I also have a 1968 M101A1 Generator trailer I picked up in Connecticut last December with the following stenciled marking on the rear bumper: 8 28S AT Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all. Stay safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks