• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland, 2-4 May 50th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally and Militaria Flea Market at Hagerstown Aviation Museum

surplusyes

Save the Date
Maryland, 2-4 May 2024 50th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally and Militaria Flea Market at Hagerstown Aviation Museum 14211 Basore Drive Showalter Rd., Dome Hangar

Hagerstown MD 21742. This will be a wings and wheels event. All invited, public is welcome, all paved and handicap friendly. Historic military aircraft, vehicles, parts, accessories, vintage radio, uniforms, militaria, packs, bags, tents, vintage collectibles, display ordnance, great for collectors, re-enactors. Look, swap, show, sell, buy. Vender spaces also sold. Wide paved aisles, handicap and pet friendly. Proceeds benefit military museums, memorials and veteran causes. Photos are from past years Info: www.washingtonbluegray.com

A bit late due to family health issues, Best in show from this past month was the TOW Jeep first photo
Big Thanks and Kudos to
- Hagerstown Aviation Museum staff (especially Karen and the volunteers who provided water, moved the planes around etc) the vehicle display under the wings of all those majestic warbirds was fantastic.
- To the B&G military vehicle club Rally volunteers, officers staff and their family members
- To Liberty Warbirds for flying in their Huey, loved to hear that distinctive whop-whop that only a Huey makes
- To our venders, this wouldn't be possible without your generous participation
- Visitors, customers, show vehicle participants, 49 great years and many location moves, best ones coming up see you at the 50th

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can only make Friday and Saturday this year. I'll be in row M. I have some large parts in the classifieds. If you are interested in any of those items, contact me about delivery. I will likely not bring those parts without deposit & commitment.

I have some miscellaneous other parts I can/will bring (I'll add to the list as I dig things out):

New M939 hydraulic winch control valve - $150
New M939 Fuel tank strainer - $35
S-250 shelter lifting and tie-down sling setup - $150

Miscellaneous lights and small parts for 5-ton trucks - I need to figure out what I still have in the garage.

surplusyes

Only 2 Weeks Away!

Big kudos today to Pres Dean and Hagerstown Aviation Museum’s Karen, John and Paul for their assistance in getting the signs mounted and borrowing their Duece to advertise the Rally on Showalter Drive

Please help by spreading the word on all you social media sites, word of mouth etc. I can still mail flyers to anyone who needs them too

Attachments

surplusyes

50th Rally Update Looking forward to next weeks East Coast Military Vehicle Rally at Hagerstown Aviation Museum. Big kudos to Anja, she sent a message that it was about sold out with a few spaces left. Dick and Diane Deren making a special trip up from Florida . I first met Dick and Doc Mortimer circa 1988 at then Ordnance Museum when I was working at the Test and Evaluation Command. I had restored an M38 back to a motorpool ready condition thanks to some helpful friends at Aberdeen Test Center. Thought I had invented a new hobby, then Dick gives me a stack of Army Motors and Supplyline and realized how naïve I had been, internet had just started gaining momentum so I was way behind. Anyway a bit early for Thrown Back Thursday (TBT) but here are some past photos. I was the youngest club member when I joined...now at 65 think I am still the youngest, bringing the 1943 Command Car and a load of militaria crapola. Looking forward to seeing everyone

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks