• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland MV owners are in trouble

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, SWBradley, but my point is the 'creative friend' that screws the pooch & causes trouble for other people.... much like registering an over 10k pound truck as a 'historic pickup truck' to pay less fees or taxes...

:)

I just thought you were picking on the poster.

F18hornetM

interesting I had just had a M35 tagged this summer and on the registration says GVW "N/A" I looked at and thought , maybe because it was historic was exempt. Its the first MV and the first historic tag Ive ever got. Waiting for the SF97 to do the 5 ton, will see what it says.
Ive lived in this state all my life and my family has been here, on the eastern shore since the late 1600's...its ruled by the crap from across the bay..always has been, always will be

Oh dont worry the fire departments will be exempt, just like cell phones for police officers and emergency workers..
Well guys anything I can do let me know, Ill be glad to support freedoms of any kind.

F18hornetM

Another thing, I'd like the nit wit that sponsered this to explain to me the difference between a historic 9000lb truck and a 11000lb truck. Around here there are many restored historic farm trucks and tractors [5th wheel tracotrs]. If we are gonna have our Mvs taken off historic tags, then there should be no historic tags period, let all the hot rods go get inspected and emission tested..see if that doesnt raise some eye brows. I would love to know what the reason is

DieselBob

interesting I had just had a M35 tagged this summer and on the registration says GVW "N/A" I looked at and thought , maybe because it was historic was exempt.
That's got to be it because when I registered mine I put 25K in the GVWR and when I received the registration it was like yours and had N/A on it. Also my comment on the fire trucks was there are a few in the area around here that are privately owned and are tagged historic so they will be screwed like us.

F18hornetM

Your right several fire trucks as well as several very nice farm trucks. what are these people thinking?? there must be 10,000 hotrods. and they are gonna pick on a few hundered trucks over 10,000 lbs??
well let me know what you guys plan to do. Who to write etc..

338lapua09

Hey Hornet don't think your in the only part of this commy state that gets Ruled....seems to be between the Bay and the first set of mountains.....:beer:.......I am about ready to do a border crossing/bug out into W.va...

F18hornetM

problem is whatever those moroons pass for you guys will eventually get here. Historic tags arent by county, but state wide. What is in the water over there?

338lapua09

I agree the moroons have control....as for the water I dont think it gets diluted enuff since they are taxing us for using septic tanks to save the bay...

DieselBob

What is in the water over there?
That's what happens when the state is run by liberal democrats and a vast number of the population are either government workers or the company they work for is a government supplier or contractor. The bigger more intrusive government the better.

F18hornetM

Amen, Bob....im sure you remember the presidental vote by county. Only 3 counties carried the whole state electoral vote... I beleive was montgomery, prince georges and baltimore counties, wonder why?? if you find those counites on the map, you'll notice they are bewteen DC and baltimore :beer:

F18hornetM

Isn't that amazing how such a small portion of the state controls the rest of the state and has such different views. I'm ceratin other states have the same issues
i see you are in Anne Arundal county, Oh your close to "them". :razz:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
A bobber weights just under 9500 lbs. I guess if the law passes my last deuce gets bobbed. The real issue here is the loop hole with junkers being tagged as historic. I think the way I am going is to write letters to key MD representatives is to create a dedicated MV tag, while grandfathering all current. The point I will drive home is I use my trucks, for parades, military funerals, scouting events and on election day. My first point will be that changinging what is in place is bad. The cops just need to inforce the law with the use of historic tags on junkers and cars being used as a daily driver.

F18hornetM

I agree with that. There is a bunch of junk riding around on historic tags. If that is what they are really trying to get at, then do just that. These trucks, as fars as Ive seen, are not used for work, or even daily drivers around here. And I would think that revamping the antique class is possible.
If nothing else make a new class...as in historic, or special purpose. Funny thing is if what everybody says is right, the new law wont have any affect on the antique tagged junk pickups riding aorund out there, just a couple 100 old Mvs or other trucks. What will that solve?

F18hornetM

roady

I just seen this post. This does suck indeed, I checked my titles to my Deuce's and one has N/A and the other has 16,000 for the weight. Does anyone have a copy of what they are sending to these idiots so I can get an exampple? I am not really a good writer but can certainly rearrange and change some things around and send them out. I will not just resend what you posted or shared.

Tanner

You MD fellas have the dogs in the hunt on this, but there shouldn't even be ANY restriction on DD use of said vehicles. If you don't lay in verbiage to that affect, then the guys that DO intend to use their trucks as DD's get screwed...DD use increases the money in the coffers through more taxes being paid on the fuels they burn...

Good Luck!

'Tanner'

F18hornetM

I certainly dont object to someone using a MV as their DD. Its theirs they should do with it as they please. BUT...with more use, comes more restrcitions and laws, which we already have to many.
If a guy can drive a 1968 Ford pickup with historic tags, to work everyday, then I should be able to drive my M35 if I want to. But i dont believe historic tags were intended for that from the begining. I am not sure the reason for the changes, but could be beacuse to many people are buying old vehicles, 1992 and back, and taging as historic. but looking at the bill, that still will not affect them. Now why the verbage about 10,000 lbs Im not sure the root cause of that. there cant be more than a couple hundred in the whole state. Where there are thousands of historic vechiles regsitered