• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Pickup

kingsley

Thought it might be good to post the details on my pickup from Ab, Maryland.

The pickup went really well. The Gov. Liquiation guy was a real pain in the rear to make contact with and he never returns phone calls/almost never answers his cell.

The site has allot of pickups and blazers ready for auction. Most in pretty good shape or typical to what little I have seen. Minor body damage and typical age. All of the trucks have been stripped clean of spare tires, keys, and maintenace records. Texarkana is really different. The trucks had spares, keys, and maintenance records.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did you drive up from New Orleans to Aberdeen for a pickup? That is quite a drive. In my opinion that is the turd location of GL locations. I no longer bid on things at the "no inspections" site.

gt1009

From what i've heard about aberdeen, i thank god that I found my truck with a for sale sign in the window on the side of the road.

kingsley

trip to maryland

yes drove up from the big easy. Nice drive this time of year with all the fall color. I can understand the "no inspections" part with Ab. The site is quite busy with allot of gun testing. What they need to do is move the equipment out of the secure areas so we can inspect, but I guess as long as people keep buying.....

But the trucks seemed to be a good shape. Mine had a little rust on the driver's pan, but good everywhere else. It was clean and started right up. I spend about 30 minutes with the maintenacne group and tlk about the trucks. He went over the maintenace issues I should look out for, what typically is done and what is ignored.

What I need are good seat covers. We are going to knock out the dents and clean up a few body surface rust spots also.