• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland roadtrip!

Blake

Tomorrow morning I am leaving early in the deuce to make a run to stevensville, MD and pick up a lonely m416 trailer and then run to annapolis and drop off some tan camo nets. It looks like it'll be about a 400 mile round trip. Im excited to really check out the locking hubs on a trip. I roughly calulated my mileage from a 275 mile trip last weekend and was getting about 10 mpg.

Blake

well got back last night and the deuce ran great. Dont have any real technical measure like cranetruck always report. Traveled 550 miles in a day. Picked up the m416 trailer and put that in the bed, made a few stops, and then headed back home. Truck got a solid 10 mpg.

Between this past weekend and last weekend, ive traveled 1150 miles in the deuce; Now I need a break!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good performance, Blake more like 12-14 hours, right? 10 mpg is great, the best I have had is about 9, a little less with biodiesel/cooking oil.
When I make interstate deliveries, I have to display my DOT number and with the log book and all, the max allowed driving time is 11 hrs in a 24 hr period. The best I clocked is 535 miles.

Blake

yeah more like 14 hours, traffic going up was not heavy at all, loaded up the trailer, met someone else who bought some parts, and then headed back. Going home the traffic was steady. I like to keep it around 50-52 mph cause that is where it seems to get the best mileage. I had the top off and it was hot on that trip. Im sunburnt from all that sun exposure. Had to make a few 7-11 trips and get a drink to cool off.

I put the trailer in the bed so I didnt have to worry about the trailer breaking down or the lights not working right and could maintain a moderate speed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Backing an M416 with a deuce could be interesting at best. Sounds like its running pretty good Blake. I did 500 miles one day on the way to Aberdeen and one day on the way back. My little 3 yr old was quite the trooper.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blake, a few more trips like that and you will want a bikini top, It is even possible to hang very large cup holders along the back of the cab tub.

Desert Rat

Blake,
You did good at 500+. Best for me was 547 miles in 14 hours from Fort Branch to near Arkadelphia on Monday. I kept it steady and with the extra fuel tank stops were limited to when the car needed fuel (ex wife driving my car). Tuesday was a slower trip with a tube leak in the rear passenger side outside tire. I had to stop every 90 minutes or so to air up.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent, that's about 40 mph average, does that sound right, pretty slow going, but then you must have been loaded down a bit. :)
I averaged about 49 mph on that one stretch going to Florida.

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
That's because the truck has twice the range the car did. So fueling the car slowed us down. And now a word from Desert Mouse (my son) : htthyytytjytjtytdhtttttttdtgghtthtyhthtgtghtghggrhggr

1-Rodent

Hi Guys, I am new to this site. Anyone know where I might get my hands on an M416 trailer here in Virginia?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks