• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mass Area Junkyards

pwrwagonfire

Does anybody here know of any junkyards with a good source of MV parts in the Massachusetts/NH/CT area? There are some yards locally with a few old deuces, but thats all I ever seem to find.

Im thinking along the lines of M37s in particular...

Thanks in advance!:-D

jeepin

there are two GMC M211 in a junkyard in Moretown, Vermont. One was driven in I think. PM me if you want details.

pwrwagonfire

Actually, there is a M215 for sale in a junkyard in Clinton, Mass
Search for it, and youll find the man's info.

Its in great shape...he wants $5000 though....

In leominster mass at ricky's towing, there are several deuces, including a crane truck- all of them are in one peice

I believe theres a REO in there too

scooter01922

CRANE TRUCK you say????? Hmm, either thats a 5 ton or its the rare 108......Either way its never a bad thing to have wrecker for parts nearby. Does he sell parts or whole trucks? Tough to tell with towing in the name. Whos up for a roadtrip??? got no scratch but in the mood for some fun. Being down to one part time job is giving me waaaaay too much time to kill.

pwrwagonfire

CRANE TRUCK you say????? Hmm, either thats a 5 ton or its the rare 108......Either way its never a bad thing to have wrecker for parts nearby. Does he sell parts or whole trucks? Tough to tell with towing in the name. Whos up for a roadtrip??? got no scratch but in the mood for some fun. Being down to one part time job is giving me waaaaay too much time to kill.

I believe he sells both actually...its right next to the fence, lime green- I believe it used to belong to the local DPW. I dont believe itd big enough to be a 5-ton, but I only saw it from 50 ft away.

Id be down for a road trip, anytime.

I actually heard of another local yard from my grandfather today...he claims the guy used to go to Ft. Devens and buy up all the stuff they auctioned off. Im currently investigating this (Hes still in buisness!)

Ill keep you guys posted, and let you know whatever I come up with.

pwrwagonfire

Any GMC`s in those yards ????? Tim
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/29285-m215-dump-truck.html

heres a link to that thread I spoke of, it includes the gentleman's name and contact info

EDIT: Tim, I just re-read the thread and saw that your already aware of it! Sorry bout that....but seriously I DO know of one more local GMC, in a guys private junkyard....its an automatic, he bought it for $1 from the city a few years ago then passed away. I could try to find out more, I know it was sent to Farrar (firetruck company) in the 1960's and was rebuilt.

Last edited:

scooter01922

You effort is greatly appreciated, sometimes those are the leads that find the real gems :) I'll have to drop you a line before we hit snow season maybe we can get some more of the MA crew together while we are at it. Have a communal SS junkyard expedition.

BEASTMASTER

there used to be a place in norforlk,ma. but the powers to be finally shut him down. i here he's got a place out somewhere near fitchburgh or around rte. 2 out there . i sure miss his place. real nice guy too.

Boatcarpenter

Forgot to mention in my post. Although you can't really see in the pics, the owner says there are parts of six M-37s there that one should be able to make three complete ones from.
BC

pwrwagonfire

Forgot to mention in my post. Although you can't really see in the pics, the owner says there are parts of six M-37s there that one should be able to make three complete ones from.
BC
Do you remeber the gentleman's name? Im wondering if he may be the guy which I bought my M37 from! Right area, and he did have alot of stuff...:idea:

Im gonna need parts in the near future, but not ASAP (Not enough $$$$$)

Looking for a PTO setup and a new radiator

pwrwagonfire

there used to be a place in norforlk,ma. but the powers to be finally shut him down. i here he's got a place out somewhere near fitchburgh or around rte. 2 out there . i sure miss his place. real nice guy too.

I actually LIVE in Leominster, the next town over! Im gonna have to search around, sounds like I place which i should be aware of!

Boatcarpenter

The place near Fitchburg was probably one of the Schwartz family. They had the area covered with surplus stuff from the time that it started being released from Ft. Devens right after the end of WW2 up until a few years ago. Used to have a huge place in Bolton Station where my old man and I would go get parts for our jeep after I busted it ripping through the woods when I was a pre-teenager.
BC

pwrwagonfire

Gentlemen,

I stopped by the Salvage yard today. They were more than willing to let me take pictures, but they said I had to come back this week when the 'yard guy' was there.

From the fence I can see that they have:

-A 5-ton wrecker, looks in good shape, its yellow.
-A 5-ton (I believe) tractor, in lime green
-The crane truck (I think its a crane truck because the crane has a closed cab, correct me if Im wrong). Still couldnt see enough to tell if it was a deuce or a 5-ton
-I think the last one was also a 5-ton tractor, but with a shredded canvas top, in red. Could have also been a cargo truck without a bed.

Im pretty excited about this, as far as I know they should also have a '52 REO 6x6....Im gonna try to get you guys pictures within the next two weeks.

The private yard I also visited today (no-body home, so no pictures). He had a Deuce tanker, and a GMC tanker (which I spoke of before). Not sure they those are for sale or not, I will try to get pictures over the next couple weeks as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks